Is it time for another gathering?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
Free Sats in July are the July 4th weekend (that might work out, 3 day weekend to choose from?) and July 23. Again, any Sun. would probably work great, and some Friday nights, too.

Of those two Saturdays, July 23 would be the only one I could make. I'm working July 2. Sundays are no good for me, as well. Friday nights (along with a night dive or two), I could also probably do.

I'm there with the wife and rugrats if I'm not working...y'know the restaurant business...they don't let us off the leash much!

I'd love to make this but it's a busy time of year for our shop and I'm working classes both those weekends... rats!

I will be in the Flower gardens that weekend with any luck at all. We are doing a Poker Run at CSSP on July 30 for our Divers Day Out.

HEY... more details on that poker run... that could be something in the making if it's open to all divers!!

We open the FREE Diver's Day Out events to anyone that has signed up through our website. :wink: http://www.siscuba.com . I send out an e-mail about the event and then they can respond so I can get an accurate count for the event. We normally do the Poker Run twice a year Winter/Summer and last Winter we had an excellent turn out of 14 people. December is a little hard to pull people out but actually the water was warmer than expected and the sun was out. We had a great time!

Debraw, would the Poker Run be a suitable time for this Swampers Git-together? Maybe that weekend would work out for the majority? Or is it too much to try to put both events in one bag? I'm ignorant of the logistics of this type thing, but I'm trying to learn!

Foo

I think if I could get an idea of how many people it would be then we can go from there. I think I can accommodate up to 30 people at a time. It would definitely be an event people need to sign up for.

I set up stations underwater and you have to navigate between the stations and retrieve numbered key rings ( thank you Imperial Palace Las Vegas!) . Hook those to your BCD . There are four to retrieve and then you turn them in for a hand on land and we add in the 5th card. Best hand wins. It really hones the navigation skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom