Is it still warm enough to dive wet in NJ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt_NJ

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying to get a spot on a boat on Sunday 10/14 but not sure if the temp is warm enough to dive wet. Anybody have any insight into what the bottom temps are in the area? The coldest i've been in my 7-mil was about 52 and I do not think I want to go in anything much colder.

Thanks!

I have a few friends going out on the stingray in NJ this weekend. I would have went but have other things that must be done over the weekend. I use a 5 mil and would not have any problems. They said its a 60ft to 70ft foot dive. Have no idea of the temps but dutch springs last week at the same level was 64. That's not bad but 95ft was 54 a few weeks ago. Now that is like getting punched in the face. If you think its to cold then spend some time at dutch over the weekend.

Went to the Oregon on Sunday. Surface temp was 70. In the mid 60's down to about 95'. Temp at 121' was about 58. My buddy dove wet and he said he felt fine. I dove dry and all I was wearing were shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. I felt fine. Hope this helps.
Safe diving
Tim

The water is about at it's warmest right now.

We had several wet divers today out at the Arundo. They were down to 128' for 1/2hr with no problem.

Went to the Stolt yesterday and saw 55f at 125' if I remember correctly. Was just fine in a 7mm FJ but I'd recommend something warm to wear when you get back up, the air's getting a bit chilly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom