Is It Easy to Replace a Tach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidsdream:
You are corect that there are no RH & LH mechanical tach cables (or tachs for that matter). But old motors (certainly in the 60's) did run in both normal and opposite (LH rotatation). In newer motors the motors run in a common rotation and the I'm stupid's have an extra set of gears to reverse the rotation. This was not the case in old BW Velvet Drives or Paragon's.

Borg Warner Paragon is for inboards, right? Dunno about Paragon, but Catherine has
outboards, right?

But nice boat, Kidsdream, and nice wood. I love looking at other people's wood. Me,
gimme plastic, I'd rather go diving than maintain wood.

My comments were related to your first response to Darnold9999. Old outdrive motors did work in opposite rotation as well, but of course new motors do not.

I have a covered boathouse with a door and a 20ton hoist and keep-up with the regular maintenance. The biggest issue with almost any boat is the mechinical and electrical "quality" and this really is not a factor of age or hull material.

I did covert my mechanical tachs to electric when I repowered the boat the last time, but I had new tach (the litho artwork) created to keep the original style.

Chuck Tribolet:
Borg Warner Paragon is for inboards, right? Dunno about Paragon, but Catherine has
outboards, right?

But nice boat, Kidsdream, and nice wood. I love looking at other people's wood. Me,

Chuck Tribolet:
I love looking at other people's wood. Me,
Wasn't asked for any further help on this "technical" issue, but I still get a heads up when the thread is updated.

Now please explain "WhiskyTangoFoxtrot you mean by this quote??? I thought Wildcard had the corner on snagging double meanings............
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom