Is It Easy to Replace a Tach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ebay is bullet proof if you use paypal. I call you for your CC number :crafty: LOL... Tell ya what,I'll figure out what is wrong and if it is the tach then you can order one and I'll show you how to change it, it's realy a no brainer.

okay tanks

hey, the needle is stuck on 1000, if that means anything.

catherine96821:
hey, the needle is stuck on 1000, if that means anything.
If it used to drop to zero when shutting down, it means the needle movement is crapping out. OTOH, a lot of electric meters just stay at the last position when power is cut, like a fuel gauge often does.

Chuck Tribolet:
With an electronic tach, reverse rotation isn't relevant. Pulses is
pulses. And even with a mechanical tach, it isn't relevant, AFAIK, the reverse rotation
engines use a power head with normal rotation, and turn it around the other way in
the lower unit.

You are corect that there are no RH & LH mechanical tach cables (or tachs for that matter). But old motors (certainly in the 60's) did run in both normal and opposite (LH rotatation). In newer motors the motors run in a common rotation and the I'm stupid's have an extra set of gears to reverse the rotation. This was not the case in old BW Velvet Drives or Paragon's.

Old boats I do know.
DSCNBoat+Stern+copy.jpg

My board name is the name of my RIB
Summer+2006+041+copy.jpg

whoa, sexy boat. Hope that's fresh water

Wood boats like saltwater better than fresh.

they do? why?

hey I have two one man kayaks now on my slip and the boys are down there paddling all around Hawaii Kai!

Salt preserves the wood. Ya just have to keep the worms out.
Ya otta get them a Hobbie cat to play with.

Ya otta get them a Hobbie cat to play with.

yea, I used to have a Prindle, they are so fun. Maybe I should get one. Hauling stuff is what I don't like...they might kick us off the dock with those kayaks sitting around down there at the slip, but by the time the marina figures it out, they wiil have already had hours of fun. They paddle over and eat Mexican at Cha Cha Chas...fish, paddle to duck island, etc. I heard they are supposed to have marina stickers too.

Very nice boat. Would post mine, but not quite ready to go out in public - another weekend, maybe two.

Turns out its the tach head itself that is causing the problem. 8 week wait to replace it. SW still makes it but nobody stocks it. Like to keep with original if possible.

Back
Top Bottom