Is it easy to find the reef at Lauderdale-By-The Sea and is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol …In summary. Yes! It’s easy to find the reef at LBTS…. Be sure to have a good solution for your car keys :).

@Jaan I was finally able to use my dryfob this past weekend. I did dives at BHB on Sunday and Monday. It worked like a champ!
Happy to hear and thanks for the DRYFOB shout-out Divin'Papaw :) The BHB is such an amazing place
We are just back from travels, but hope to be back out at the bridge on the next set of tides in a week or so.
Maybe see you out there one day ...

I bought the Dryfob ID 42 mm the same as my key, unfortunately it’s just a bit under 42mm.

I bought the Dryfob ID 42 mm the same as my key, unfortunately it’s just a bit under 42mm.
Hey, sorry to hear open ocean diver. It is speced to be exactly 42mm, and most are but, I just took a random one out and measured 41.9 with my micrometer (but 42 with my ruler. Hmm). Message me and I'll gladly cover any return fees. Apologies for the lost time and disappointment.

Note that we've recently come across some newer model FOBs that are larger and we're planning to release a 46mm version in the summer. Also planning a larger PLB one (60mm) for some scubaboard members that have asked about that. More to come.

I guess I'll start a new thread when these are available if the moderators don't mind. A few of you have asked so I assume ok. Anyone interested can also message me directly to be notified.

Hey, sorry to hear open ocean diver. It is speced to be exactly 42mm, and most are but, I just took a random one out and measured 41.9 with my micrometer (but 42 with my ruler. Hmm). Message me and I'll gladly cover any return fees. Apologies for the lost time and disappointment.

Note that we've recently come across some newer model FOBs that are larger and we're planning to release a 46mm version in the summer. Also planning a larger PLB one (60mm) for some scubaboard members that have asked about that. More to come.

I guess I'll start a new thread when these are available if the moderators don't mind. A few of you have asked so I assume ok. Anyone interested can also message me directly to be notified.
Build quality is amazing I was really hoping it would fit but of course willing to wait for the larger one. I’m in good standings with Amazon so they’ll return it with no cost to me… appreciate the offer.

Returning to the topic of parking in the vicinity of Datura Avenue again…

I am totally loving my Transit 250 medium roof cargo van.

Park on the street or in the parking lot.

Rig kit in the shade of the van.

Change in the van.

Dive.

Rinse kit at the public showerhead.

De-rig kit in the van.

Shower at the public showerhead.

Change into dry clothes in the van.

Go about the rest of the day actually freshened up.

I can’t imagine doing this out of a sedan or SUV with the same success.

You sedan and SUV folks are tough!
I do that in my Camry! :wink:
Or waaaaaay longer if you’re into long coastal cruises with twinset and scooter.
meh.. lots of us beach divers can go way over two hours without twins and a scooter.. Heck, 2 hours I'm jsut gettting started!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom