Is it easy to find the reef at Lauderdale-By-The Sea and is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can get a plastic version of above for like $10 at the local Force-e. Tie it to your flag, no need to risk flooding it.

GjpRq61.jpg

Dude, that’s so yesterday. All the cool kids are rockin’ the DRYFOB.

Dryfob is too expensive, in my opinion. It is just 2 pieces of aluminum but $50. Nah.
Dude, that’s so yesterday. All the cool kids are rockin’ the DRYFOB.

Cool kids just spending their parents' money. Proletariat won't pay $50 for 2 pieces of aluminum. We'll see how these kids will be able to afford their cappuccinos after buying dryfob.

Sorry you feel that way Texasguy. While there are many solutions, we wanted to provide a high-end quality product that divers could feel confident taking with them to 130ft or more, even if at a higher price point (still machining them in small quantities). Proud of the design, and would be happy to show you (I'd even spring for the cappuccinos :)). BTW, I also used to tie my key to a float, but we once broke the rope and I had to chase it into the boat channel at the BHB (fortunately shallow). One of the precursors that led us into making Dryfob. I do realize it's not for everyone, but we've had great feedback from those that have tried it.

Sorry you feel that way Texasguy. While there are many solutions, we wanted to provide a high-end quality product that divers could feel confident taking with them to 130ft or more, even if at a higher price point (still machining them in small quantities). Proud of the design, and would be happy to show you (I'd even spring for the cappuccinos :)). BTW, I also used to tie my key to a float, but we once broke the rope and I had to chase it into the boat channel at the BHB (fortunately shallow). One of the precursors that led us into making Dryfob. I do realize it's not for everyone, but we've had great feedback from those that have tried it.
Hey post your info on the Bonaire thread! Wish I would have had one when I went. Will be getting one soon myself.
Oh I am guessing it is made in the USA hence a little more cost to make but you are supporting our small businesses oh and I bet it won't break as easy as plastic!

Dryfob is too expensive, in my opinion. It is just 2 pieces of aluminum but $50. Nah.

Cool kids just spending their parents' money. Proletariat won't pay $50 for 2 pieces of aluminum. We'll see how these kids will be able to afford their cappuccinos after buying dryfob.

That's harsh dude and actually quite rude. "Parents' money"? WTH?? Some people, me included, will gladly pay more for quality that will last. Plastic has its place in scuba but not as a cheap substitute for aluminum or stainless steel when they are better, longer-lasting material choices.

What an obscene and impertinent reply! You have no manners. Because of your insulting point of view I won't be able to fall asleep. How dare you to have your own point of view and not to allow me to have one?

Bro, I was just funnin’ around.

Didn’t mean to step on your grass.

What an obscene and impertinent reply! You have no manners. Because of your insulting point of view I won't be able to fall asleep. How dare you to have your own point of view and not to allow me to have one?

Maybe one of those big pillows in the shape of an arm, you know the kind that are popular with Japanese women, would be helpful.

1634141296489.jpeg

I was recently indicted as being gender uneducated so here’s another version if the above was offensive.

1634141546706.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom