Is imitation the surest form of flattery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O2BBubbleFree

Contributor
Reaction score
I sold a booster pump on eBay about three weeks ago, and tonight I found TWO listings for similar pumps that copied part of my ad, word for word!

“WARNING: HIGH-PRESSURE OXYGEN IS INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS! BEFORE BIDDING ON THIS ITEM MAKE SURE THAT YOU, ALL YOUR RELATIVES, ALL YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR DIVE BUDDIES, AND ALL YOUR NEIGHBORS KNOW THE RISKS OF WORKING WITH HIGH PRESSURE OXYGEN. IF YOU WIN THIS AUCTION, BE SURE THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO MANAGE THOSE RISKS. IT’S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, BUT ROCKET SCIENTISTS HAVE BEEN CAUGHT OFF GUARD. IF YOU KILL YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE, OR BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN, DON’T BLAME ME, I WARNED YOU. THIS UNIT SHOULD BE CLEANED FOR OXYGEN SERVICE BY SOMEONE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING BEFORE IT IS USED.”

Maybe I should auction off my ad-writing services!

You could go after them for copyright infridgement, but - just be flattered and glad you help get the safe message across.

action-smiley-046.gif

MSilvia:
Sometimes it's the sincerest form of flattery, other times it's the clearest symptom of laziness.

Bump...:D

Laziness strikes again...:D

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not the least bit upset. I am actually proud of the fact that I came up with something others want to use.

Now, about the guy who was sending out bogus 'second-chance offer's on my auction, that upset me.

The only way I found out was two of the non-winning bidders thanked me for the second-chance offer! I emailed the top 10 non-winners and warned them about the fraud. And, of course, reported it to eBay.

From now on I think I'll only do 'private' auctions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom