Is H2O Photo Pros still in business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cofford

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone done business with H2O Photo Pros Underwater Photo and Underwater Video – Gates Housings, Light and Motion, Nauticam, Fisheye, Fix, Inon, Sea and Sea, Ikelite, Think Tank Photo, NanoFlash recently?

I placed an order with them on Nov 11, and have received no updates since then. I've sent them several emails asking about my order, as well as made several phone calls which never reach a live person. I've left messages.

I don't like to badmouth businesses, but this lack of communication is completely unacceptable. I will not order from them again.

Hmmm... as far as I know they are. I haven't talked to Mike in some time though.

I just checked his Facebook page and there hasn't been any activity there since Nov 30th.

Has anyone done business with H2O Photo Pros Underwater Photo and Underwater Video – Gates Housings, Light and Motion, Nauticam, Fisheye, Fix, Inon, Sea and Sea, Ikelite, Think Tank Photo, NanoFlash recently?

I placed an order with them on Nov 11, and have received no updates since then. I've sent them several emails asking about my order, as well as made several phone calls which never reach a live person. I've left messages.

I don't like to badmouth businesses, but this lack of communication is completely unacceptable. I will not order from them again.
Cofford,

Did you ever hear back from them about your purchase or have any update ?

I would be careful. Aquatica has made it very clear he is not one of there dealers and I have read other threads about problems with delivery from him. That said we bought our video system from him several yrs ago and found him to be very helpful but....

I would like to know this also

Haven't heard anything back yet. I left my last message yesterday afternoon.

I certainly wouldn't be ordering anything from them any time soon. Mike has kind of disappeared and with some of my money. Get your credit card company to give you your money back and order from someone reputable.
Bill

I purchased over $9000 worth of gear from H2OPhotoPros. After long delays and several mix-ups, the equipment finally arrived, but not before my Citibank card was charged over $30,000. Fortunately, the charge was not processed, and I received an immediate notification from the credit card company. In addition to the equipment, Mike Luzansky (H2OPP owner) promised me a Think Tank bag (value $300). I have never received this bag despite waiting more than 3 months, multiple emails and unreturned phone calls. I then filed a complaint with Nauticam USA (the housing was Nauticam), informing them of the issue. I got an immediate response back from Nauticam, and within minutes of this email, got an email from Mike Luzansky stating that a Think Tank bag was on it's way. Now, he has made such promises multiple times without delivering the goods. As someone has noted, his word does not appear to have much value.

I will say he was very helpful when I was trying to put together a housing outfit, and other than the Think Tank bag, everything arrived in excellent condition. He seems quite knowledgable about U/W photography. Unfortunately, the follow through is lacking.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there has been a lot of things regarding H20 lately and very little good has come out of it. Here are some recent threads from wetpixel.
H2O Photo Pros - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

H20 Photos - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

H20 Photo Pro. - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

I do know that Aquatica has dropped them and warned others not to buy from them and several pro shooters, including myself, have had things go South when dealing with Mike. He is a nice and personable guy but his word carries little weight I am sorry to say. Buyer beware.
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom