Is faber the only Steel tank maker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Faber is produced in Italy and are very common in Europe. I'm not sure of any online retailers in Europe as I'm not familiar with that market, and I'm not sure if the galvanized bottles are distributed in Europe. The bottles will be specific to the European market and may be different than US spec bottles. I.e. we do not have 300bar tanks in the US, nor do we have the steel tanks that will stand up on their own without a boot.

Thank you for all your answers.

Divers who come in USA will more likely rent tanks from the LDS, right?

if you travel to the US from Europe you will have to rent cylinders as the cylinders from Europe are not approved by our Department for Transportation

Yes, either rent or buy. The European Tanks without the DOT stamp can't be filled at an LDS or any public fill station. If you bring your own compressor, you can do anything you want.

Well I do plan to built a home/mobile fill station. But I do not think I will bring my own fill station or tanks after all. I'm more thinking to stay 2mo (have to check US Visa too)

I do assume there are no tanks who have both Dot and European certifications?

Well I do plan to built a home/mobile fill station. But I do not think I will bring my own fill station or tanks after all. I'm more thinking to stay 2mo (have to check US Visa too)

I am not aware of any. any major LDS in the US will have tanks available for rent at reasonable prices

I am not aware of any. any major LDS in the US will have tanks available for rent at reasonable prices
There is an international cert that the DOT accepts, but iirc it's a bit complex. And I only vaguely remember anything about it.

I'm not aware of any being sold for SCUBA.

The U.S. industrial cylinder industry is moving to UN cylinders rather than DOT ones. They follow international design and marking rules and international re-inspection requirements and schedule. They can be used in most countries from what I understand, including the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. I suppose we'll see SCUBA cylinders manufactured under the UN rules eventually.

I believe that's the UN spec and yes way too complicated.

So better to purchase tanks in our country (Europe for me) and rent if we dive aboard (USA,Mexico for example)

Stupid question, but which type of tanks do we use in Asia, well exotic places?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom