Is COVID-19 Especially Bad News for Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Majority of Johns post relate to undercurrent.

That's because John is their Editor. It's truly unfortunate for us that that is his only contribution here because man, does that guy have some stories to tell based on his life experiences.

The Majority of Johns post relate to undercurrent.
Your claim seems incorrect, unless I am reading a reduced post.
Quoting his post and underlining the bits not about undercurrents:

"Is COVID-19 Especially Bad News for Divers? The medical profession is still learning about the Corona-virus but when Dr Frank Hartig of Innsbruck University Clinic suggested the infection might preclude divers from carrying on their sport, diving magazines and online sites went viral. Undercurrent asked other well-informed medics for their opinions too, and the jury is still out. At the moment, we are dependent on different expert opinions and studies will only be available in a year’s time. You can Read-it-for-Free even if you are a non-subscriber in www.undercurrent.org"

Not what I would call the Majority. An introductory clause mid paragraph and a mention of where there is more information. Nor does the link require us to subscribe. Not a Majority. Now, a link to Dr Hartig's findings might be nice. But there seems some debate and having been alerted to a lung connection to diving, it seems we could look that up.

There is enough misinformation in the news, let's not add to it. Fortunately this is a bit of misinformation that we can all check for our selves. An exercise we all need to do more often to reduce misinformation's impact. And misinformation is not synonymous with 'stuff I do not agree with or like'.

(I've no connection to undercurrents, beyond a subscription that I'm not sure is current.)

I Meant posts not this specific post. I will proof read a bit closer moving forward.

Hmm. Ok. I have not made a survey of his posts. He has informed us of an issue in a way that has given us information. It did not seem overly commercial to me. I have no beef with it.

ETA: Ok, disliking saying 'I did not check', I checked his last 20 posts. Four mentioned undercurrents. In that sample, not a majority. Perhaps a count of his 224 posts will turn up a different percent, but I'm not that invested.

Scuba Diving After COVID?
Interview with Cardiologist Doug Ebersole MD about the medical implication of scuba diving after COVID. Dr. Ebersole graduated from the University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine in 1986. He works in Lakeland, FL and specializes in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Intervention Cardiology. Dr. Ebersole is affiliated with Lakeland Regional Health and Sarasota Memorial Health Care System. He is an avid technical and cave diver as well as a CCR Trimix instructor and cardiology consultant to Divers Alert Network (DAN). His medical background and diving experience gives him a unique perspective on diving physiology.

Direct Audio Download of Podcast here -> http://traffic.libsyn.com/poddiver/PD209

Hello together

I know some divers who had Covid, they can dive again without problems. Over Christmas I myself had Corona (and pretty bad), I have seen a diving doctor after 3 months, he has found nothing that stands in my way to dive again.

In the meantime I had about 10 dives deeper than 40m with air and countless shallow dives.

Greetings Pareto

It really varies. My wife knows a couple people who are not vaccinated. They became sick months ago, and still have pulmonary issues.

Those that are divers, were infected with Covid and have no lung issues, should consider themselves lucky.

My Cave instructor sprayed himself with concentrated coronavirus sample during a lab accident - had it for a month and absolutely ****** himself but is back diving already.

Back
Top Bottom