Is Boynton/Jupiter on the same day doable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hoping for some local insight. Trying to put together some weekend diving, and we'd like to work in both Boynton and Jupiter.

Am looking at the 8 AM charter with UW Explorers, then the 1:30 with Jupiter Dive Center.

Is this cutting it too close with trip times and traffic, or reasonable? Google Maps is showing about a 30 mile trek, largely on I-95, between the two.

Trying to put together a full Saturday of diving, and would like to take in some wreck diving and then just the deep reefs. Alternative suggestions are welcome if this isn't feasible.

Thanks.

Sorry, but no can do.

I agree with Joystershell, no can do. Why not just go out on a central county operation which utlizes the Palm Beach Inlet. If you call one early they can probaly meet your request to dive north of the inlet into the overlapping territory of JDC. The Juno Ledges is one of my favorite dives which is in the 85'-100' range that feature sharks, turles, etc. on it's spectacular 20' ledges/caves. Try the Wetter the Better out of Lake Park Marina or one of the many opertaions based at the Riviera Beach Municipal Marina....

Yes, it can be done if you do it right. Last October I did a 2-tank morning dive in Jupiter, and then did a 2 tank twi-light/night dive w/Underwater Explorers. Trying to do an afternoon trip after your morning dives is not likely though as stated.

It's too risky, not making the PM boat. I'd just do all four dives with Underwater Explorers.

As other have posted, its not feasable

However......

JDC often offers night dives on Saturdays - that would be more than doable - but Boynton in the morning and JDC at 1:30 - not possible, so do Boynton Saturday, Jupiter Sunday - do AM and PM dives -

Both are great OP's; really excellent

Booking an AM boat and PM boat at the same marina sometimes is not doable.. let alone 35 miles up the road.

If you bring REALLY big tanks you could jump off in Boyton and drift to Jupiter for Tommrrow's pick up in Jupiter though.

Check your dive tables, computer, or whatever you use before trying four of those dives in a day. Boynton dives are around 60 feet and last about an hour. Jupiter is about 75 feet and they want to see you surface in 45 minutes.

With nitrox and my computer a diver probably couldn't do four full-length dives as a morning/afternoon set. The night dive at Jupiter is worthwhile and that could probablly match up with a morning trip.

You may wish to dive those places separate days, or do a Jupiter 3 tank trip.

Stu-- I can do Jupiter dives both boats in the same day. I have done it several times. The shallower dives of Boyton are even easier.

DIVE PLAN #1
Surface interval = 1 day 0 hr 0 min.
Elevation = 0ft
Conservatism = + 2

Dec to 80ft (1) Nitrox 36 50ft/min descent.
Level 80ft 43:24 (45) Nitrox 36 1.23 ppO2, 59ft ead
Surface (47) Nitrox 36 -30ft/min ascent.

OTU's this dive: 63
CNS Total: 22.7%

110.5 cu ft Nitrox 36
110.5 cu ft TOTAL

DIVE PLAN #2
Surface interval = 0 day 1 hr 0 min.
Elevation = 0ft
Conservatism = + 2

CNS Total: 36.9%

110.5 cu ft Nitrox 36
110.5 cu ft TOTAL

DIVE PLAN #3
Elevation = 0ft
Conservatism = + 2

CNS Total: 45.9%

110.5 cu ft Nitrox 36
110.5 cu ft TOTAL

DIVE PLAN #4
Elevation = 0ft
Conservatism = + 2

CNS Total: 51.6%

110.5 cu ft Nitrox 36
110.5 cu ft TOTAL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom