Is anyone using the Quiksilver Cypher heated vest under a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nairn_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Is anyone using the Quiksilver Cypher heated vest under a drysuit?

Ps + Cypher Heat Vest - QUIKSILVER

I have heard that some local Vancouver Island divers are using it, but I am wondering if it works at depths down to 130 feet (40 metres) or deeper (say 160 feet / 50 metres). Apparently, the manufacture only rates the vest down to 30 feet, citing that it is only designed for one atmospheric pressure and if it goes too deep, the button that controls heat malfunctions.

I am interesting in hearing about firsthand experience from using the vest. Any issues? How deep? How many dives on it?

I am researching a relatively inexpensive option (i.e. a non-canister light battery source) to add some additional warmth as my dives get longer (for example 90 minutes to 120 minutes in 45F water). I realise that there are other diving-specific, more expensive heating vests out there.

Additionally, any information on the comparable Rip Curl H-Bomb heated vest would also be useful.

Thanks

I found one local diver that is using the Quiksilver Cypher heated vest under a neoprene drysuit. This diver has done 15 dives with it to a maximum depth of 100 feet without any issues.

160 feet in 45F water for 120 minutes - that is one heck of a profile for a non-drysuit dive....:)

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom