Irda. Driver for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Building the install flash drive right now......will report later.

Addendum - worked fine. IR recognized and no trouble running Smarttrak like the previous build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
Well I came home today, clucked on the program and IT WORKED ! I was then able to download my last dive as well. All is good again. Thanks for all the help!
Tim

Well I came home today, clucked on the program and IT WORKED ! I was then able to download my last dive as well. All is good again. Thanks for all the help!
Tim
:giggle:

Are you using the preview release?

Weird, huh? Bet you did nothing to 'update' or otherwise fix it.
I simply installed the 11099.

I'm willing to bet your 10586 updated. It's clear that the future update (June?) will support IrDA, so everyone take hope!

I'm willing to bet your 10586 updated. It's clear that the future update (June?) will support IrDA, so everyone take hope!

Not impossible but I doubt it. I downloaded from a non-MS site (took hours). I was on a different PC than my original beta and I was not logged in to the insider site so it would not up date the core.
Having said that what Win10 does with updating is pretty cloaked in mystery and done almost entirely in the background. Can't say I'm really found of that behavior.

Reactions: Jax
I had the same issue a while ago. I solved it by dowloading VMware workstation player (free) and installing an old copy of windows 7 I had. Fixed the problem for me. Glad to know that the new windows 10 update will solve the problem.

If you're interested in a free fix until the update:
free

Bad news it would seem (well for me at least)
The latest insider build of Windows 14332.rs1_release.160422-1940 makes SmartTRAK crash on loading.

I have reported it for what good that will do...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom