Invite - Stone Crabs - Monday 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did any of you get tangled in the crab pot markers?
Wish I could have made it :( I saw that anchor about 4 weeks ago.
Regards,
Doug

Astro, have lots of fun. Do u ever have any type of pictures? I'd like to see some if so. Perhaps you could share with the rest of us.

My Astronomy Pictures

But I'm way behind in my processing... Omega Centauri was the first that I'd processed since 5/2006 because Hardee Lakes needed it for a brochure. Otherwise, I have about 18 months worth of images to process... <sigh>... I spent this weekend (in WONDERFUL weather) shooting the Cocoon Nebula (NGC5146) and M76. I'm not sure if the Cocoon came out as I fell asleep at the wheel and when I woke up, a lot of things were beeping and generally making noise... We'll see when I get to that data set....

<useless trivia>
All images were taken with a black & white camera and filters. For the simpler tri-color images (RGB), you load up the red filter, take ten or so images, then repeat for the green & blue filters. Software is used to combine the stack of red images into one red "master", repeat for green then blue. I then use PS CS2 to combine the master red, green and blue into a RGB color image.

I say "simpler" because most of the time you wind up taking a Luminance channel through a clear filter (with IR blocking) at full resolution and the color images at a lower res. Another complication is if you take/blend in a Hydrogen Alpha channel. The HA filter is a *deep* red and it requires abnormally long exposures to register anything. That alone is troublesome as you are always worried about a airplane or cloud showing up during the last few seconds of a three hour run. It's worth the effort though - take a look at Gamma Cas. There's no color, but I really dig that image....
</useless trivia>

Visitors are always welcome at my campsite.... Just turn off those headlights as you approach! :)

EDIT: BTW, if anyone needs our club to host an astro event for the Scouts or a school, contact Nancy Huff to schedule it: SPAC Contacts

Hey thanks for the laughs btw. You are one funny guy.

We'll have to stick closer together next time fellas.

it's a deal.

Did any of you get tangled in the crab pot markers?
Wish I could have made it :( I saw that anchor about 4 weeks ago.
Regards,
Doug
I had a little trouble with my dive flag, but other than that it was easy to stay out of the lines. maybe someone else had some problems...

My biggest deal was getting the little rascals out of their dens, burrows, holes, whatever.:eyebrow: Forget the tickle stick next time I'm going with salad tongs!:eyebrow:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom