Invite - Stone Crabs - Monday 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am thinking of doing Spanish Rocks on Monday the 15 which is opening day for Stone Crabs. Let me know if you would like to join me. If you haven't been crabbing, I'll be happy to teach you. :) You'll need a bag to carry the legs in and something to measure the legs with. A lobster thing will work.

Here is a helpful link: Recreational Stone Crabbing Information

If work is an issue, tell them it is the big crabbing day and you'll be in after lunch :14:

I am thinking of doing Spanish Rocks on Monday the 15 which is opening day for Stone Crabs. Let me know if you would like to join me. If you haven't been crabbing, I'll be happy to teach you. :) You'll need a bag to carry the legs in and something to measure the legs with. A lobster thing will work.
If work is an issue, tell them it is the big crabbing day and you'll be in after lunch :14:

Tracy,

Whatcha gonna do with their skinny little legs??? :11: (sorry, I couldn't resist)

I'll give it a shot. I don't eat them... So anything I catch someone will have to take them off my hands :)

I'll give it a shot. I don't eat them... So anything I catch someone will have to take them off my hands :)

:shocked: what about the missus? NVM forget that - I'll be happy to take them off of your hands Scott :D After all what are friends for.

Brian, a couple of months ago Johnny and I freed some that were caught in an old trap. Anyway, six of them were monster size from being in there so long. I told them then to enjoy the freedom that it wouln't be long so I have a promise to keep :14:

:shocked: what about the missus? NVM forget that - I'll be happy to take them off of your hands Scott :D After all what are friends for.

Brian, a couple of months ago Johnny and I freed some that were caught in an old trap. Anyway, six of them were monster size from being in there so long. I told them then to enjoy the freedom that it wouln't be long so I have a promise to keep :14:

That's all good but I do hope you'll try eating the claws instead of the legs :D

Here's a second helpful link for the dive: How to Measure Fish

That's all good but I do hope you'll try eating the claws instead of the legs :D

:mooner:

BTW, you will need a fishing license! Follow the link in the first pst - atthe bottom of the page there should be a link to getting a license on-line. Alternately, you can get a license at WalMart.

Hmmm

My parents live in Largo and I never visit them...maybe this will be a good excuse to drive over that way...I'm a great stone crabberer....Also I have a friend over from South Africa...she would really get into this

Joe

Hmmm

My parents live in Largo and I never visit them...maybe this will be a good excuse to drive over that way...I'm a great stone crabberer....Also I have a friend over from South Africa...she would really get into this

Joe

Well come along. I'm not going to make it too early, so that we are not fighting Monday morning traffic. I'm thinking like 10 a.m.

Is this invitation open to anyone?:confused: I'd like to dive with you, never done crabbing except from a dock with a net... I'll check out the link for equipment requirements...
where can we meet?:eyebrow:

Allen - invites are always open :)

Spanish Rocks I-75 south from Tampa to the Bradenton/ State road 64 exit( there is an A and B so take the A exit it will head you toward the beach). You are going to take the exit toward the right. Stay on that road for about 8 miles or so until you get to Gulf Dr.( you will hit Gulf Dr. after you cross the intercostal waterway)You make a left on Gulf Dr. and take it down about 1/2 mile. Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park. Gear up walk down the beach to the left about 50 yards (6 houses) enter the water swim out about 50 yards and dive max depths 22ft. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&z=16&ll=27.490808,-82.710227&spn=0.01410

I'm thinking 10 a.m.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom