Invest 99 - now Tropical Storm Richard - forms in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks like the tracks are drifting northwards away from belize now, it could threaten coz/cancun/PDC/tulum...

Just upgraded to Tropical Storm Richard

i'm going to predict a cat1+ at the mexico-belize border this weekend, just because i don't have anything better to do tonight...

upping my intensity guess:

cat >= 2 before landfall at mx-belize border on sunday (landfall cat >= 1)

or it may get ripped apart by honduras, but i'm going with the more northerly track.

masters, meanwhile, noted:

Tropical Storm Richard is here, the seventeenth named storm of this very busy 2010 Atlantic hurricane season. Richard's formation puts 2010 in 6th place for the greatest number of named storms in the Atlantic since record keeping began in 1851. Only 2005 (28 named storms), 1933 (21 named storms), 1995 (19 named storms), 1887 (19 named storms), and 1969 (18 named storms) had more.

just because the US doesn't get smacked by a storm doesn't mean that it can't be a busy season in the Atlantic...

Looks like Ambergris Cay is the current landing zone after a close visit to Roatan, subject to change.

There goes the weekend. It's headed right for Dangriga now. Arriving tomorrow late afternoon. So far only projected as TS.
Tying down anything loose.

Yeah he has lost some power. Gooood...!

It's too close to the mountainous coast of Honduras. I guess the mountains drain a lot of the moisture out of it and slows the wind.
We're kind of in a little protected hole here in Belize. For one to come in strong, it has to come in on a southwest line.....which they do, but not very often.

Looks like it's a 70 mph winds and expected to go right over Roatan tonight, Cat-1 by morning.

Continental Air is offering free ticket changes for travel scheduled to/from...
* Tegucigalpa, Honduras (TGU)
* San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP)
* Roatan, Honduras (RTB)
* Belize City, Belize (BZE)​
This weekend. Their flight to Roatan Sunday is still scheduled, tho. :confused:

Lesson learned. I've been through at least 8 of these and you'd think I would have learned. I though this wasn't going to amount to much. Man....I'll never take one lightly again. They said CAT 1 here but on the farm, we had a lot of damage more associated with a 2-3. The wind sounded like a freight train coming through. Our trampoline flew up and hit the house, shattering the window in my bedroom. A mattress ended up in a tree. Wild.
67685_1543350715388_1583599415_1285132_783687_n.jpg

66309_1543346915293_1583599415_1285126_6241604_n.jpg

67401_1543343515208_1583599415_1285118_4593560_n.jpg

Glad you're ok Hank. We've been wondering about you on the Belize storm thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom