Invasion II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't Hawaii. :wink:

They eat parrotfish?

YUCK!!!

Brian, I know you thought I should expand my food repertoire but...

YUCK!!!

Besides, my mother told me "never eat blue food."

DebbyDiver:
They eat parrotfish?

YUCK!!!

Brian, I know you thought I should expand my food repertoire but...

YUCK!!!

Besides, my mother told me "never eat blue food."

Let me tell you, they are an excellent fish to eat.
Go jump on the Hawaii section and try telling them parrotfish is yucky.
Here in Florida, we'd be eating them as well if the state hadn't declared them a decorative reef species.

Well...if we ever do "ScubaBoard Invades Hawaii", remind me to be REALLY careful when I order sushi! :11:

The fish is called "uhu" over there. I knew guys who used to harvest them commercially at night - they just slept in holes and covered themselves with mucus. My friends made a lot of nice money spearing at night - long hours and sometimes lots of company underwater with all the blood, although one of them was eaten by a tiger shark and the rest developed bone necrosis over time from repeated untreated hits.
They weren't bent because they were instructors, so they couldn't possible get bent.
I always passed on these venues - 10 years of dive charters in Hawaii and I never had a speargun cross the gunwales.
I've never seen it served raw as either sushi or sashimi so you're safe in the sushi bars.

deepstops:
No way, you're kidding right??
Just a helping the clueless...:wink:

fairybasslet:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who leaves stuff behind. I left all of my bras and panties at the condo.:rofl3: Becky said she would be nice and not post it, but it is too funny. At least I didn't leave any gear behind because I went to Jupiter after I left the Keys.

You see I did'nt post it, God I forgot they where in my car. I will send them out asap. I could post that your undies cost more than your dive gear but that wouldn't be to nice:wink: But it's probably a true statement.. ssshhheess woman you can tell you are single.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom