Invade Monterey, CA (a.k.a. Meet & Greet): Sept 5-7, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info Sarita. I've copied it to the first post in this thread. Easier for people to find.

I've sent both Monterey Express and the Silver Prince emails requesting information. I'll keep everyone updated.

Sounds good to me as well.

However, if there is no enough boat space for everyone (or some people don't want to boat dive), I would be happy to do a morning session of diving at the Breakwater or Lovers. I am not, at this point, familiar enough with any other sites to be willing to lead a group of people - unless someone else is willing to be the leader and I will organize. Whatever's fine with me!

I am there to Help...Sarah!

I am there to Help...Sarah!

Thanks Jim!!! I might just take you up on that since you are probably much more knowledgable with respects to dive sites, good things to see, etc.

We’ve got some boat information.​

I’ve booked the Monterey Bay Dive Company for Saturday, 09/06/08 (to depart at 7am). Their boat holds 14 divers and we are scheduled to do 3 dives. No spots left Each spot will cost $67.50 which does not include crew gratuity. What is included in the cost is tanks, snacks, and water and hot drinks. Welcome to Monterey Bay Dive Company If you want a spot, send me a PM and I’ll give you my address so you can send a check. If you have to cancel, you will get a refund as long as your spot gets filled.

Jim Kerr is also setting up something with Monterey Express. They will offer two dives and spots will cost $75.00 (gratuities not included). Cylinders, snacks and drinks included. Anyone wanting to book a space on the "Monterey Express" can do it by using their on-line reservation system. Dive Monterey Bay on the Monterey Express! To get the special pricing you need to type “ScubaBoard MAG = $75” into the comments section. See their website for the cancellation policy.

We hope to have some shore diving happening for those that want to do that too. (We still need some shore diving leaders!!! Hint, Hint)

Last edited:
Just an update, there is only one spot left on Monterey Bay Dive Co boat. Everyone else will need to book on the Monterey Express!

Boy, those went fast!

HOWDY!!!

The Cypress Sea is the best boat in Monterey. You all should try to get resevations at Pt. Lobos on Sunday. It has the best dives. If you take the Cypress Sea, and tell Phil, the capt, that you want to go south... then you will see the true amazing beauty of Carmel! WAYYYYYY better than Monterey diving.

Anyway, who's coming up my way?? I miss you all soooo much!

I'll be there!

Hey Laurel!!!

I'll be there! Jamie will be too, but I won't be diving on Sunday (playing around town!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom