Invade Monterey, CA (a.k.a. Meet & Greet): Sept 5-7, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heard back from Monterey Bay Travelodge.

My name is Michelle Kelly and I'm the front desk office manager for the Monterey Bay Travelodge.
I have received your email from my manager. We have availability for those dates and we also
have a diver's special rate of $72.00 for one bed and $89.00 for two beds. Let me know if you
would like me to book that for you. The regular rate without discount is $139.00 1 bed $149.00 2beds.
Thank you for your time.

I think that this sounds very reasonable.

Travelodge | Monterey California Hotel | Monterey, CA 93940 | Near Pool, Fitness Center & 17 mile drive - 4 miles

Phone: 831-373-3381

They have a free continental breakfast and free high speed internet for those of us that need to stay connected. For those that like a heartier breakfast there is a restaurant on site. There is also a pool.

Start making your reservations!!! Let them know you are with ScubaBoard to get the discount as noted above.

I'll Call them today! Thanks for putting this together Ann Marie – You are terrific!

Once you've decided to attend I have a couple of planning questions for you:

On Saturday, do you want to beach or boat dive (hopefully there will be both going on)?

Saturday night would you like to join the group for a nice dinner?

Are you planning on diving Sunday or playing around Monterey?

My answers to above are:

On Saturday I would like to boat dive.
Dinner as a gang sounds great for Saturday.
Sunday is playing around Monterey.

I've got my reservation made!! :D

Once you've decided to attend I have a couple of planning questions for you:

On Saturday, do you want to beach or boat dive (hopefully there will be both going on)?

Saturday night would you like to join the group for a nice dinner?

Are you planning on diving Sunday or playing around Monterey?

I'd like to boat dive on Sat.
Dinner with the group sounds great.
I'd like to do some more diving on Sunday.

My answers to above are:

On Saturday I would like to boat dive.
Dinner as a gang sounds great for Saturday.
Sunday is playing around Monterey.

Mine too!

Sounds good to me as well.

However, if there is no enough boat space for everyone (or some people don't want to boat dive), I would be happy to do a morning session of diving at the Breakwater or Lovers. I am not, at this point, familiar enough with any other sites to be willing to lead a group of people - unless someone else is willing to be the leader and I will organize. Whatever's fine with me!

Reservations made @ Monterey Bay Travelodge

My dive buddy and myself would be down for a boat dive on Saturday.
We would love to join ya'll to grub!
I guess Sunday depends on what the activity is.
I'm a terrible golfer! :(

Forgot another good topside activity- whale watching.

Monterey Whale Watching: Princess Monterey Whale Watching – Whale watch boat cruises of Monterey Bay, California
and
Sanctuary Cruises out of Moss Landing: Sanctuary Cruises | Whale Watching on Monterey Bay | Year-Round Whale Watching and Special Charters

I can't personally recommend the first, but my husband and I have gone out with Sanctuary Cruises and thought that they were fantastic and I would highly recommend them. That being said, they operate out of Moss Landing which is about 19 miles out of Monterey. It is a nice area though - sea kayaking, lots of seals, otters, etc.

And here is some information on Sea Kayaking in that area: Kayak Connection Sea Kayaking Instruction, Rentals and Tours (Elk Horn Slough). There are also kayak rentals in Monterey: Monterey Bay Kayaks - Home and Monterey Kayaking - Bicycle Rentals - Adventures by the Sea
Let it be known that I am not a kayak-er though, so I can't attest to any of the vendors. :)

Hope that this helps out some of the non-divers and divers alike!

Back
Top Bottom