Invade Monterey, CA (a.k.a. Meet & Greet): Sept 5-7, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the boat in a different area than the shop?

Thanks for the info! I was just going to stick the address to the shop into my gps.

Yeah, the shop is over on the far end of Breakwater on Cannery Row, by the corner. There's a dock walking distance from there on breakwater but I don't think that's the one that their boat is on. If it's by the London Pub that's on the second floor, then it's not walking distance to the shop and it's about a 5 minutes drive from the shop.

Update: A little more information. They provide tanks as Ann Marie said. However, if your want to dive Nitrox, you need to go to thier shop early (they open at 6:00) and pick up the Nitrox tanks and pay a little extra.

They have Nitrox tanks both in DIN and Yoke, just let them know.

I just talked to Matt at MBDC and he apologizes for giving you the wrong info earlier but we don't need to go to the dive shop in the morning if we need Nitrox afterall. You can just call them at 831-656-0454 and tell them how many and what kind (DIN or Yoke) tanks you want. They will have them on the boat and all you need to bring is your Nitrox card and money to pay the additional cost.

Yeah, the shop is over on the far end of Breakwater on Cannery Row, by the corner. There's a dock walking distance from there on breakwater but I don't think that's the one that their boat is on. If it's by the London Pub that's on the second floor, then it's not walking distance to the shop and it's about a 5 minutes drive from the shop.

K dock is not walking distance from the shop and yes, London Pub opened again.

Hi all! I don't know what everyone elses plans are for this weekend, but I'll throw mine out. I will be meeting people at McDonalds on Del Monte at 9:30am. From there we will caravan over to Monastery beach. We will probably be in the water a bit past 11am and do 2 dives. After that I guess we get fills and head over to Coral ln is it? and possibly do a 3rd dive. Then I guess it's off to pizza!

I will be driving down Friday morning, will be hoping to hook up for some shore dives.

Oh, to clarify, for me, I mean meet at 9:30am on SAT.

How many divers in your group Clammy? I'd like to join, I've yet to do the Monastary Crawl.

How many divers in your group Clammy? I'd like to join, I've yet to do the Monastary Crawl.

Maybe 5 or 6? Come join us! I will be diving with scuba board people as well as a dive club up north called Cali Divers. Meet us at the McDonalds at 9:30am! Just remember, you'll be finding monster berries from monastery in your gear for months after you dive it!

Cool! 9:30 @ McD's no problem, I'll already be in Monterey.
But what are monster berries?

By chance does somebody in your group have an extra weight belt and 4 lbs?
I'll be diving my drysuit and my bc is maxed out with weight and I need just a bit more for buoyancy at the end of the dive.
I will be bringing my wet suit also for back up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom