Invade Monterey, CA (a.k.a. Meet & Greet): Sept 5-7, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just looking for a place to flop, no 5 star this time. What is the Travel Lodge rate?

Edit: Ok, went to page one and saw the rate. $72-$89

Blue Lagoon Inn $68 with a King size bed.
Near downtown Monterey and Fisherman’s Wharf
Star Rating

This Monterey motel is located within three miles of downtown, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Monterey airport.

See this hotel on a map Property Amenities
The Blue Lagoon Inn also provides complimentary coffee and Continental breakfast daily; the motel is nonsmoking.

More hotel information Guestrooms
Rooms have complimentary high-speed Internet access, granite-tiled bathrooms, and HBO. Microwaves and refrigerators are available.

More room information

About the boat: Silver Prince

Can we bring our own tank? On board compressor?
If no, what tanks do they have?
Plenty of room for bags or should we gear up before boarding?
Head?
Dry storage area?
Camera table?

About the boat: Silver Prince

Can we bring our own tank? On board compressor?
If no, what tanks do they have?
Plenty of room for bags or should we gear up before boarding?
Head?
Dry storage area?
Camera table?

Left a message with them this morning to call me.

They did ask that if anyone needed rentals to please stop by Friday. If you couldn't do that, then come Saturday morning at 0600.

The boat is rated for 20 but the shop limits them the charter to 14. There is one spot open so I would think that we have plenty of room. When I get the answers, I'll post them.

Room booked for Friday/Saturday, see you all there!
Don't know if Moonie will make it, he hasn't arrived from Australia yet. :sad:
When: September 5-7, 2008

Hotel Info:
Travelodge | Monterey California Hotel | Monterey, CA 93940 | Near Pool, Fitness Center & 17 mile drive - 4 miles

The rate that they are offering us is a special rate of $72.00 for one bed and $89.00 for two beds.
(The regular rate without discount is $139.00 1 bed and $149.00 for 2 beds.)
When you call ask for a ScubaBoard Room to get the discounted rate. I've 15 rooms on hold (7 single beds and 8 double beds).
Phone: 831-373-3381

Here's some boat information for those on the Silver Prince:

Cylinders are included on the boat. Weights are not included but there are a few spares on board in case someone is light. We provide aluminum 80s on-board. Divers can bring their own cylinders but we do not fill on the boat. Depth depends on where you go with an average of 55 – 65 feet. Water temperature is around 54 deg. We blend nitrox at the shop.

Liability releases will be signed on the boat. Please tell everyone to bring proof of certification.

If you are going to need rentals, please stop by the shop on Friday or plan to arrive Saturday morning at 0600.

Here's some boat information for those on the Silver Prince:

Cylinders are included on the boat. Weights are not included but there are a few spares on board in case someone is light. We provide aluminum 80s on-board. Divers can bring their own cylinders but we do not fill on the boat. Depth depends on where you go with an average of 55 – 65 feet. Water temperature is around 54 deg. We blend nitrox at the shop.

Liability releases will be signed on the boat. Please tell everyone to bring proof of certification.

If you are going to need rentals, please stop by the shop on Friday or plan to arrive Saturday morning at 0600.

Thanks for the info Ann Marie! Do you know which dock we're supposed to go to board the boat?

Thanks for the info Ann Marie! Do you know which dock we're supposed to go to board the boat?

I just called MBDC and they said we go to K dock to board the boat. Here are some directions to it:

"K" dock is located adjacent to the Harbor Masters Office off Del Monte, between wharf #1 and wharf #2. The London Bridge Pub is located about 50 feet in front of the entrance to "K" dock. ALL DAY parking permits are available in machines around the parking lot.

Attachments

• mqmapgend.gif
    mqmapgend.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 48
Update: A little more information. They provide tanks as Ann Marie said. However, if your want to dive Nitrox, you need to go to thier shop early (they open at 6:00) and pick up the Nitrox tanks and pay a little extra.

They have Nitrox tanks both in DIN and Yoke, just let them know.

I just called MBDC and they said we go to K dock to board the boat. Here are some directions to it:

"K" dock is located adjacent to the Harbor Masters Office off Del Monte, between wharf #1 and wharf #2. The London Bridge Pub is located about 50 feet in front of the entrance to "K" dock. ALL DAY parking permits are available in machines around the parking lot.

I thought that pub closed?!

I love how MBDC opens at 6am!!

Is the boat in a different area than the shop?

Thanks for the info! I was just going to stick the address to the shop into my gps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom