Introducing OSCT MK2 2N

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't find anything that suggests the OSTC supports imperial units, which is a pleasant surprise and one more reason to buy it. That medieval stuff is only used by the axis of evil anyways - Burma, Liberia and one more country I can't remember... :D

On the serious side - getting hold of one stateside might be difficult as I understand Heinrichs Weikamp isn't all that keen on making friends in the US judicial systems. Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale is listed as a reseller, but seems to carry photo equipment only and no dive computers. Can't find any in the Kingdom of Canadia either.

I can't find anything that suggests the OSTC supports imperial units, which is a pleasant surprise and one more reason to buy it. That medieval stuff is only used by the axis of evil anyways - Burma, Liberia and one more country I can't remember... :D

On the serious side - getting hold of one stateside might be difficult as I understand Heinrichs Weikamp isn't all that keen on making friends in the US judicial systems. Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale is listed as a reseller, but seems to carry photo equipment only and no dive computers. Can't find any in the Kingdom of Canadia either.

That may be why he intentionally left out Imperial units from his software. Within the computer it's an easy conversion. Without Imperial units he would skip out much of the US market.

Adam

Yep, as this is an open source device it shouldn't take much effort to reprogram it to display imperial units. All internal calculations could still be metric.

However, that would be as backwards as converting DIN to yoke... :D

That may be why he intentionally left out Imperial units from his software. Within the computer it's an easy conversion. Without Imperial units he would skip out much of the US market.
Adam

Got in touch with the reseller, the dark lord units are not supported. :shakehead:

Last edited:
a very good computer to dive air/nitrox/trimix.

i'm since yesterday a trimix hypoxic qualified (CMAS & TDI) diver and all divers during this course were equipped with an OSTC MK2 or OSTC 2n.

no imperial units, not sold in USA.

i'm since yesterday a trimix hypoxic qualified (CMAS & TDI) diver and all divers during this course were equipped with an OSTC MK2 or OSTC 2n.

Félicitations. Je vois que la solidarité entre nonagénaires n'est pas un vain mot. La NG faisait aussi partie de la cuvée ?

Félicitations. Je vois que la solidarité entre nonagénaires n'est pas un vain mot. La NG faisait aussi partie de la cuvée ?
she's very busy by a big change in her professional career, so, not a lot of dives since one year.

@ Patrick : her MBA I guess.

I don't see any interest to use imperial : it is hard to convert a value from one unit to an other ( how many foot in 1.953875 mile)

Last edited:
@ Patrick : her MBA I guess.

I don't see any interest to use imperial : it is hard to convert a value from one unit to an other ( how many foot un 1.953875 mile).
it's hard to convert people when they don't want :D

Back
Top Bottom