Intro Dive on the Big Island - Bday gift for my dad - Looking for an intructor or op.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I am taking my folks to the Big Island between May 17 and 21st. As a bday gift for my dad, I would like to take him for an intro dive. He is very excited about and has done an intro pool dive before. He is 63, in good shape, just passed a full checkup, he swims and walks on the beach everyday.

I am looking for an experienced intro dive guide or dive op to take him on May 18th or May 19th. I would be diving also but I am AOWD certified.

Mahalo

At this late date you'll probably want to contact Jack's Diving Locker, Big Island Divers or Kona Honu Divers, between them they should have instructors available. Many of the smaller ops will either be occupied or have a tough time getting an extra instructor on the spur of the moment.

If your father is on any meds (lots of people are on blood prressure meds by the time they're in their 40's these days) or has much of a medical history he may need a physician's signature on a form similar to the one all scuba courses require. Contact a shop today so they can fax or e-mail you a copy. If you PM me in the next couple of hours I can e-mail you the form - I'm personally busy those days. Too many people show up at the last minute only to find they need a signature, even doing great on a recent physical does the shop no good if there's not a physician's signature on the proper form.... it's tough to get the proper signatures on the spur of the moment usually.

give jacks diving locker a call

Call or e-mail Jack's Diving Locker. They have a really great pool for the practice session. You'll want to book quickly. Jack's (and everyone, for that matter) is very busy. They get booked up way in advance.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom