Intova 3W LED Dive Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last time I removed it (have removed it several times) I had to use a computer mouse mat like a jar remover like you see in a kitchen store, and at first you won't know that your turning it, it moves so imperceptibly at first

I just got mine in the mail - it's everything I had hoped for. Now I just need to get a brighter led and see if I can get it apart. Has anyone had any problems with the magnetic switch? Mine works fine, but it doesn't look very heavy duty.

I changed the LED With a SSC P4 Led for a friend with the Intova 3W, Ya, the final light become much brighter.

I changed the LED With a SSC P4 Led for a friend with the Intova 3W, Ya, the final light become much brighter.

Did the LED switch make any difference in beam size or pattern?

Henrik

Almost the same Beam, The SSC P4 is a good replacement LED for Lumileds.
The SSC P4 is running over 200 Lm from 1 A current.

Curious .. Which P4 did you use? and what is the lumen rating at the 700ma that your likely getting from the Intova driver?

Curious .. Which P4 did you use? and what is the lumen rating at the 700ma that your likely getting from the Intova driver?

The Seoul SSC P4 Z-LED Emitter (U-BIN)
From the official spec. 700ma will give about 160 Lumen. A Double of the original.
At 1A It even give 220 Lumen
DealExtreme: $5.80 SSC Seoul P4 (U-bin) SW0 Bare Emitter
The Link is for the emitter only. You may find the emitter with a 18mm star board also.
To Fit the Star board into the socket of the intova(17mm), you must wear away the edge of the star to fit in.

Here's some pics of where the head unscrews ...

1LEDLightS.jpg

1LEDLightSt.jpg

Thanks for the pictures D_B. I still haven't gotten the head off my light - sigh. I'm experimenting with a variety of "liquid wrench" type products, clamps and wrenches. So it's fun to see what I'm up against.

Is the metal "seat" for the Lumiled star part of the body?

Henrik

Had my first dive yesterday with the Intova - it was a daytime dive, and when I turned it on, I got quite a few looks, people staring wide eyed and nodding their heads, giving me the "ok" signal... They seemed pretty impressed with the standard light (as was I)- I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with this baby...

z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom