Interesting ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that really cool, I am a little surprised that it took them this long. But as least they figured it out. Its cool to see someone unintentially validating the designs that Bob has been building for what... 25 years now

Souvy, take a look at the end of the extra force fin. I wish I had more time to show the development of some of my more radical fin designs. Thanks for your post.

that's right, I was only thinking about the vortecies that shed from the outer tip of the Pro. I wasn't even thinking about the extra with the articulated trailing edge of the extra.

Souvy, take a look at the end of the extra force fin. I wish I had more time to show the development of some of my more radical fin designs. Thanks for your post.

I wish I could see the newer designs too, I'm sure they're quite impressive. I actually got to use a pair of the Extra Force with Captain Calhoun on the Easy Diver a few weeks back (thank you again for the referral) and when I saw the article, that's exactly what I thought of. It's obvious that an enormous amount of thought goes into Force Fins, keep up the great work Fin Doctor :)

Souvy,
This Photo is especially for you. This morning Bob was very excited to show this fin concept to you.
In the words of Bob Evans the Fin Doctor himself "Follow Nature and you can't fail"

Bob_fin.jpg

Bob Evans in his workshop displays a fin concept he tested in 1999. Modeled from a Tuna tail. Water is weaved through the Red Force Fin attachments. Tuna tail again, but this time it is the ridges before the caudal or tail fin. When tested if you are perfectly neutral underwater he says" you can't lift another diver off the bottom, but it moves you through the water at great speed"
"Follow Nature and you can't fail"

Last edited:
WHOAH the tuna tail-inspired fin is one intense fin! Thanks so much for sharing, that's great!

Back
Top Bottom