Interesting BP/W "Ditchable" Weight System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any good v-weight recommendations for singles? A lot of the ones I see are formed based on doubles. Thanks.

The one I use for single is called a v-weight pouch, link below. You fill them with lead pellets (buck shot). You can also cast you own v-weight if you like DIY jobs, my doubles v-weight is a custom cast.

“V” Weight Pouch

I made my own weight pockets based partly upon Zeagle's design--they slide onto the waist belt and are secured to the backplate in two places. I find this part of their design to be very secure, sturdy, and reliable. Mine, however are secured twice with Velcro to get a snug fit and then with a side-release buckle. I find them very easy to locate while diving. Is this now going to get moved to DIY? Just kidding. :)

The DUI weight harness system is popular and relies on a plastic weed-eater cord threaded through grommets to hold the lead on. Its not really "small of your back" more like the sides of your hips though. Its quite popular here in Puget Sound.

DUI came out with a version III of the Weight and Trim Harness that I use. It did away with the threaded cord in favor of two plastic pull handles. Very easy to ditch and reattach. Also less bulky than the original and the weight pouches (which come in 10lb or 20lb sizes each side) can be attached to any webbing separate from the harness as well. Highly recommended if you are in the market for an adjustable weight harness.

RwP

Back
Top Bottom