Interested in switching to BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So octo will have me avoid be the laugh of the boat then?

It seems like a good idea may be to avoid the gimmicks like onespeed suggests. When you go into your LDS and see all the flashy stuff, ask yourself if you really need that. Then ask some more experienced divers if they would ever use it or ever found that they wish they had a gimmicky product.

I know when I first got into diving I saw stuff that was flashy, and I thought, "that must me awesome," or "that non-gimmicky equipment cant be good because it is so basic." For instance, jet fins look so plain and boring, but once I tried them I loved them and wont deviate too far from a similar fin design.

Regarding AIR II you have to ask why you want that more than just an octopus. Does it really make diving safer. Does it help you keep your stuff from dragging more and creating drag for you to work against? Intstead of gimmicks try to look into different systems of, in this case, regulator stowage and handling. I'm sure you will begin to see the gimmicks begin to hold a lot less weight then.

Try to keep things simple in your gear selection.

What is STA? And the rigging would be the harness? Are they all the same? Or are there specific features in the harness to look for?

What is STA? And the rigging would be the harness? Are they all the same? Or are there specific features in the harness to look for?

Go to Fill Express and let them explain the differences, it will be much easier for you when you can see the differences for yourself. Oh, and STA is Single Tank Adapter.

Bruce-- +1 to what he said. Go see one. They are quick to presto changeo into to SS AL Dbles Or Singles just two wing nuts.

So it looks like a trip to Fill Express this weekend and check it out.

Or perhaps, you can save me the headache, and just send me your rig. Sure you wouldn't mind getting a new one. :rofl3:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom