Interested in switching to BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently use an aqualung reg. I have a lifetime warranty, but if purchased through leisurepro, no warrany. In general, the equipment that keeps me alive, I will by from a local authorized dealer. Just my opinion.

actually, not true.

you just don't have a "manufacturer warranty" from Aqualung if you purchase a AL reg from Leisure Pro.

You still have the Leisure Pro "store warranty", which is for the same time span as Aqualungs. However, you don't get "Free parts" for regulator services like you do for buying from an "authorized dealer". but the free parts (every other year) aren't really worth the extra $300 at an authorized dealer, in my opinion. Based on every other year, the $50 in rebuild kits would take 12 years to make up the $300 price difference.

regardless.... I respect your right to buy where you want to. your money.... but just know all the facts is all.

Kevin at UnderWater Explorers has godo deals on halcyon BP/W --- Go see him.

I think I will go to Fill Express and look at what they have. I really haven't looked at these at all, and was looking for a little advice before going to a shop and having them push me in the direction of what they want to sell. Just trying to have a base idea to consider.

Buy a BP STA and rigging from LP or online.I have a Halcyon wing I bought locally just before the shop dropped them making my warranty essentially useless.Fortunately it has a couple thousand dives on it and is just now getting replaced.

BP and wing is awesome for some divers,sucks for others.My wife loves her Zeagle kids BC and has a few hundred dives on it after trying "ladies"BCs and not liking them.

I think I will go to Fill Express and look at what they have. I really haven't looked at these at all, and was looking for a little advice before going to a shop and having them push me in the direction of what they want to sell. Just trying to have a base idea to consider.

I bought a pair of XS/IDI jet-like fins from Fill Express and love them. They're "slipperier" than my "Jet Fins." And remember, If you find yourself missing your old BC, you can always go to a Macrame Art Fair, buy some macrame, and attach it to your BP/W with stainless steel bolt snaps. Or just fondle it and walk away.

Fondle macrame huh? Keep that in mind. Just curious, I have an Air 2 on my bc, do any of the wings accomodate Air 2, or would i have to buy an octo?

Fondle macrame huh? Keep that in mind. Just curious, I have an Air 2 on my bc, do any of the wings accomodate Air 2, or would i have to buy an octo?

All of them do, but have you tried...................never mind.

So octo will have me avoid be the laugh of the boat then?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom