Interest in new years dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunk35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody interested in being underwater at 12 midnight to bring in the new year? In my case, my wife and I dive together, so there wouldn't be any divorce papers being drawn up, but what about everyone else? I just thought it might be a cool way to start the new year. It would defenitely reduce the need for designated drivers and headaches the next morning! If it worked well, we could do a yearly get together.

What do you think?

Anybody interested in being underwater at 12 midnight to bring in the new year? In my case, my wife and I dive together, so there wouldn't be any divorce papers being drawn up, but what about everyone else? I just thought it might be a cool way to start the new year. It would defenitely reduce the need for designated drivers and headaches the next morning! If it worked well, we could do a yearly get together.

What do you think?

Where ya thinkin'?

Heck, could be anywhere. CSSP, Murray, I'd even be willing to go up to Broken Bow. If there were alot of interest, we could just see where most were located, then plan accordingly. I would think CSSP would be good, IF he was going to be open that is. That may be an issue. We would have to check with Robert to see if he would be interested in being open for that.

Oak Hill Scuba did a new years day dive last year at Bob Wentz park on Lake Travis and we had a great turn out. If memory serves, we started at a respectable 10:00 AM and followed the dive with food and drinks.

I'm certainly willing to do the event again this year.

if you guys can guarantee at least 10 divers/campers, then air phil's and the lagoon can accommodate a night dive. we can be open by 3pm on monday the 31st and stay open until noon on new years day. let us know ASAP if you're interested.

Last on New Years Eve there were some Swampers that went to The Valhalla Missile Silo and were down at the bottom @ 00:00:01 central time.

Of course down there time stands still but isn't that what we are all hoping for at Mid Night New Years Eve......

New Years 08'....they are already playing Christmas music on the radio and Thanksgiving has not yet come and gone....now New Years!!

Jake, where is the blue lagoon?

Tom, I wouldn't mind being at the polar bear dive, but I want to be IN the water at 12:00 midnight Dec 31st. Anyone know if Robert will be open Monday the 31st?

Timeliner, After seeing the video of the silo, I feel like I've already been there. So that one is probably out. Oh, by the way, John and I are researching the flooded towns that were covered over when Texoma was built and filled. Would you be interested in checking it out with us when we find it? We're thinking about renting a pontoon. We have two possibilities so far.

Back
Top Bottom