Integrated Bolt Snap on SPG? + Highland vs Hog (the Same?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• equipmentfailure.jpg
    equipmentfailure.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 208
I use the lightest bungee cord on my Hog SPG. I really hate the idea of a precise instrument bouncing around on a boat deck and elsewhere so I put it in a boot.

I prefer the bungee to cave line because of the stretch and it still fits the "cut in an emergency" line, connected to a good bolt-snap, criteria.

image-278876302.jpg

I really hate the idea of a precise instrument bouncing around on a boat deck and elsewhere so I put it in a boot.

Oh man... you are so going to die!

This bolt snap and guard are being advertised as the ONLY approved process for attaching to braided hoses if you want to maintain your warranty. The wording even goes to say cave line attachment will prematurely wear braided hoses voiding their warranty.

I can not give any comments on milflex hoses as I have not used them. However, I do not attach any cave line to the hose, I attach it to the swage. Now if that has the potential to void the warranty on any hose I would have cause for concern.

I really hate the idea of a precise instrument bouncing around on a boat deck and elsewhere so I put it in a boot.

They are not that precise, or that delicate. I can't imagine a rubber boot making much difference if there is enough force applied to damage the gauge. The unprotected glass face would likely break first..... even if if it was protected.

They are not that precise, or that delicate. I can't imagine a rubber boot making any difference if there is enough force applied to damage the gauge.

Have you spent much time on job sites? Construction? Precision shooting? Hunting? Photography?

I've done all of the above. If it has a glass lens a little bit of cushion can make a huge difference.

Yes and you see lots of functioning gauges with cracked, shattered, or missing glass faces. I've only seen 1 oil pressure gauge with an intact glass face malfunction after 40 years of use, but that was only at the connection point and it is now fixed and going strong (in my car).

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2013 at 08:20 PM ----------

A solution to a solution for a problem that doesn't exist?

A Solucination?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom