Lessons Instructors in the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoegie

Registered
Reaction score
Denver, Colorado / Delft, The Netherlands
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings,
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum location, but I'm not sure where this question quite fits.
I new to diving (I only have my OW cert with 5 dives logged), and have in mind getting into technical/cave diving with GUE. Due to the time of year, I'm seeking drysuit training but also want the general experience needed to advance my diving (ideally picking up DIR/GUE habits along the way). With that in mind, I'm searching for an instructor with whom I can take course work and go diving with. I'd like to do my diving in the Netherlands (I live in Delft) if at all possible. Can I get any suggestions for local instructors who might be a good match for me?
Thanks in advance,
Snoegie

Greetings,
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum location, but I'm not sure where this question quite fits.
I new to diving (I only have my OW cert with 5 dives logged), and have in mind getting into technical/cave diving with GUE. Due to the time of year, I'm seeking drysuit training but also want the general experience needed to advance my diving (ideally picking up DIR/GUE habits along the way). With that in mind, I'm searching for an instructor with whom I can take course work and go diving with. I'd like to do my diving in the Netherlands (I live in Delft) if at all possible. Can I get any suggestions for local instructors who might be a good match for me?
Thanks in advance,
Snoegie

These guys are the top best in the Netherlands and possibly Europe. They are TDI/GUE/NAUI and have the best technical instructors in Europe teaching for them.

There is a community in Rotterdam which is close to Delft. There is not a GUE instructor located in Rotterdam, but there is an active community. But there are very experienced gue divers in Rotterdam who are diving a lot and are instructor(s) for other agencies. Maybe they can teach drysuit diving/specialty.

There is also a community and (a lot of) gue instructors in Vinkeveen. JP is a gue tech and cave instructor.

There is an active gue community in Brabant. They are doing a lot of dives in mines, caves and Zeeland. If you are gue trained you can join this dives.

In my opinion you can do a drysuit specialty with a gue instructor or gue tech/cave diver for another agency.

But for fundamentals you need a gue instructor and you can do training in the Netherlands.

For gue trips and projects at least gue fundamentals is required.

If you want to do tech and/or cave training you need to travel to other countries. You can chose a gue instructor from the Netherlands or another country. But tech/cave dive training in the Netherlands is not possible.

Tech diving in the Netherlands is possible but the environment and conditions are to much challenging for (gue) training.

You can sent me a message for instructor names and/or contact information.

These guys are the top best in the Netherlands and possibly Europe. They are TDI/GUE/NAUI and have the best technical instructors in Europe teaching for them.

I'm glad you responded to this. I saw you commenting on another thread like this and couldn't dm you because I'm too new. I'll send them an email. Is there anyone specifically you'd suggest?
There is an active gue community in Brabant. They are doing a lot of dives in mines, caves and Zeeland. If you are gue trained you can join this dives.

In my opinion you can do a drysuit specialty with a gue instructor or gue tech/cave diver for another agency.

But for fundamentals you need a gue instructor and you can do training in the Netherlands.

This is helpful information, thank you. To be clear, I am not trying to take a GUE course just yet (I don't think I have enough dive experience for fundamentals), nor participate in GUE specific dives. I do however want to start diving in NL on the correct track. Namely, I thought I need to use a dry suit to dive locally, and would prefer not to unlearn habits when I eventually take fundamentals (probably after 60 or so dives). I suppose I am asking for GUE divers who are also teaching non-GUE courses. I'd take you up on your offer, but as I said elsewhere, I am now 1 post away from being able to private message.

I'm glad you responded to this. I saw you commenting on another thread like this and couldn't dm you because I'm too new. I'll send them an email. Is there anyone specifically you'd suggest?

The top guy there is: Cees Den Toom

Tell him I sent you :)

Can highly recommend the people stemming from Scuba Academie. Done several courses with JP Bresser. His wife Anne Marie Bresser is also a super skilled Fundamentals instructor. I have also had the pleasure of diving with Ferry Schram, also based out of Vinkeveen. Super calm, very skilled and pleasant to dive with. I assume he brings this into classes as well.
I assume that getting a drysuit primer will not be a problem.
Although, JP is out with a bad knee a couple more weeks.

Can highly recommend the people stemming from Scuba Academie. Done several courses with JP Bresser. His wife Anne Marie Bresser is also a super skilled Fundamentals instructor. I have also had the pleasure of diving with Ferry Schram, also based out of Vinkeveen. Super calm, very skilled and pleasant to dive with. I assume he brings this into classes as well.
I assume that getting a drysuit primer will not be a problem.
Although, JP is out with a bad knee a couple more weeks.
This is great news! I'm sending them an inquiry email later today, so I'll see what they say. I am here for some time so more than likely I'll be able to schedule something with him, if he's up to it.

This is great news! I'm sending them an inquiry email later today, so I'll see what they say. I am here for some time so more than likely I'll be able to schedule something with him, if he's up to it.
Gue Nederlands has a Facebookpage

Send Anne-Marie a message. She usually has 120% control of the goings on. (Say Princess sent you.... She'll get a good laugh)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom