Instructor's ethics and dilemas.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well
I see where this is going. I just want to answer liquids remarks about sending a student to another shop. YOUR FIRED!!!!
Every dive shop sells quality equipment..There is no inferior equipment just equipment better than others..They all have to support a life.. If you sent one of my customers to another shop this is highly unethical and I would fire you on the spot...

I am going to start a new thread on making money as a scuba instructor.. So if any of you out there want to get into the subject more closely look for the new thread.
Captain Dave OUT......

Captdave-
I dont mean a purchase of items that my shop holds, in good price and good quality. I mean certain items, that in the shop I worked for were way overpriced, aspecialy considering thei'r quality. I wont advice a student to buy a low qulity item just becouse the shop I work for dosen't have any better, while for less money he can get better elsewhere. As for most equipment, of course I will go for the shop's selection, aspecialy as I do think it was good and on good price. There were certain Items that the policy of my shop regarding them really, in my opininon was wrong. I won't promote such things.

And last thing-
You don't fire a good instructor so fast, aspecialy in a buisness that makes most of it's money not from selling equipment, rather, from courses.

Check out Cap'n D's website to see his pricing... not exactly what he has outlined here as "the only way to go"!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom