instructor tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro once bubbled...
You know Walter, it's smartasses like you that make this board suck as bad as it does. In the future if you wouldn't mind keeping your smartassed comments to yourself I, and I'm sure many more, would appreciate that as well. Scott
As one of the many more, I would like to go on record as having totaly enjoyed Walter's sarcasm. It made me giggle. (Well, almost. Guys from Idaho aren't allowed to giggle. I think its a rule.) I guess it takes a SA to appreciate one. :wink: Oh, I'm sure it wasn't meant to belittle you. Just the scotch!

david.tolan once bubbled...
Not sure what all this fuss about a bottle of scotch. Try a bottle of 16 year old Jameson, or a bottle of Middleton. Both are excellent IRISH whiskeys. :wink:
That'd do too...
Rick

hey scott ..take it easy will ya..everyones entitled to post replys on here whether we agree or not.and some people DO like scotch so hey easy ok..and by the way i think instructors do like a pat on the back every now and then..even if its in the shape of a bottle of a certificate to a restaurant..

Walter it is nice to see you and Drew agreeing on the same thing. Almost makes me want to look Drew up when we are in Cayman. :wink:
As for the gift to the instructor .. or anyone for that matter, even my mother, this is what I do.
I ask them what they would like. I know it takes the surprise part out of it, but for me it's the easiest fastest way to shop for someone, and they get what they wanted.
Yep, I do it for Christmas and Hannukah presents all the time.
I simply say," I want to buy you a present, what would you like or need?" Guess what? So far they always give me an answer, or two.
Not one person ever said, "I don't know."
Now pass the Scotch please.

I just finished my O/W and had a really awesome instructor! We actually tipped him a hundred dollars cash before we were done with the class. Then once it was time for our open water dives, we were supposed to go out on a boat at the lake. Well the boat was full, so we suggested a road trip. Instructor was more than willing(we really had to twist his arm lol). We footed the whole bill, not just as a tip but for the security of having him with us. Was an awesome trip. I'll be posting a report shortly. I reccommend him to anyone I talk to about scuba, and am in the process of sending a letter to the local diveshop. This guy is awesome, and he did a phenominal job with out 11 yr old nephew. We actually got more than an instructor we got a good friend out of this, so it worked out as a tip not only for him but us as well

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom