Instructor Fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The IDC fee is up to the Course Director instructing you, The IE fee I believe is arround $460.00
as of last Nov. hope this helps. Always be prepared for those last minute costs that happen to pop up at the last minute.

That depends on where you are in the world.
The IE fees in the Canary Islands are 598 euro/850 dollars and the IDC which includes the EFR Instructor is 995 euro/1413 dollars. Plus instructor materials.
In mainland Spain the cost is higher.

The cost of the IDC is up to the course director. I have seen it range from $999 including the crew pack to $1500 not including the crew pack.

The crew pack is another $350 to $500 depending on how much they want to make off of you if its not included.

The IE is $485 payable to PADI plus another $110 to PADI for the instructor application. If you fail any one section, the retest fee is $174 at the next IE.

You also have to be an EFR instructor to become an open water scuba instructor. Course fees plus book material, $250.

Really depends on where you plan to take the course.
As a course director we base our prices on local ocnsiderations and competition etc. For exaple I add in extra open water trips and all have to be accessed by boat.
Sone CDs do shore dives (we cant here on the Barrier Reef unless we use fresh water areas which do not have good viz or sufficient depth).
point I am trying to make is look atwhat you get for the course. There are some very cheap ones, but may not be the best.
here in Australai they are around AUD$1,850 and the IE is AUD$675. Check PADI price list on the PADI pros site and it lists all the IE and appliciation fees

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount dive travel to the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea - live aboard and day trips.

Cairns Discount Scuba Diving Trips - Great Barrier Reef

Back
Top Bottom