Instead of $130 to rebuild my ratty old Scubapro, I just paid $100 for a near new one on ebay !.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I bought a MK10 g250 for $100 from a divemaster i knew in Cozumel, years ago, and as best i can recall, I never once used it. I just put it away as a spare, and then brought it back stateside with me about 10+ years ago.
Flash forward to now, and I'm gradually assembling some dive gear again, centered around this old MK10.
Well, I dug the thing out this morning, and it is pretty nasty (not unrepairable junk, but definitely needs the full treatment, new HP hose, at least, etc.)
I have a Scubrapro dealer/tech here in town, and he quoted me about $130 to bring it up to speed (about the same as a reputable place down in Florida did).
Meanwhile, last night I'd spotted a brand new ad on ebay, for a very clean MK10 d350, with full guages and BC hose, plus a bevy of other stuff, for $130 + $68 shipping.
The guy was over in Alabama about 90 minutes from me, so I messaged him an offer of $100 FTF, for just the MK10reg, the big zippered dive bag, and the large Cressi open heel fins......and he went for it !!
I just got back from the meet (super-cool guy that even met me halfway!!), and the regulator looks brand new ! It's got Oceanic depth and pressure guages.
I know I still have to run this old MK10 through the whirler someday, but for the moment, I saved money by just buying a new reg, and got some solid fins and nice dive bag, on top!
Won some, lose some !

Last edited:
D series is not as good as G series …

Do you know when last your nearly new MK10 was serviced ?

D series is not as good as G series …

Do you know when last your nearly new MK10 was serviced ?
A well tuned D series (and air1) breathes great. I still prefer G due to the adjustment knob and easily removable faceplate.

Yeah, I kinda suspected the G was better than the D, but I figured the price on the near-new reg was unbeatable, epsecially with the extras tossed in.
And, not sure when the 'new' MK10 was serviced, but it looks to be in pristine,low-miles condition (but, point taken).
And, I have been thinking about the DYI route, but I haven't looked into the details yet. Are there any good tutorials/videos for this?

Mk10/G250s are about the only regs I dive. However, I'd still recommend you get the "new" one serviced before using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom