INON Not Shipping to US Dealers ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those interested there is a new Inon web page under construction for English speaking customers:

Under Construction Now!

N

Last edited:
I see what DiverJim is fussing about, I went back and edited post number 20 so that it does not appear that DiverJim was the specific target of my "internet propaganda" statement. I apologize to DiverJim for making it appear he was the specific generator of propaganda about Inon.

N

Last edited:
I just got the dome spacer for a UWL-100 28AD from divervision.com. Good prices and quick shipping, but the installation instructions are in Japanese. There are plenty of pictures diagramming the process, with lots of attention brought to specific details, along with lots of writing. Hope there's nothing important I need to know about the installation other than the general puzzle relationships. I hope their strobes come with better instructions.

I just got the dome spacer for a UWL-100 28AD from divervision.com. Good prices and quick shipping, but the installation instructions are in Japanese. There are plenty of pictures diagramming the process, with lots of attention brought to specific details, along with lots of writing. Hope there's nothing important I need to know about the installation other than the general puzzle relationships. I hope their strobes come with better instructions.

If they don't then IM me and I will copy mine (D2000) for you. BTW, some of the instructions I got 1.5 years ago were not translated but enough were that I could assemble the parts. Hopefully the item I just ordered will come assembled from the stateside dealer, if not, does anyone know how to speak and read Japanese, lol.

N

Thanks for the offer. So far I just have an old D180 strobe of theirs and too much gear to sanely consider another strobe, but I'm about to dig into swapping the dome from a threaded 100WA to the 28AD version. I'm hopeful it's straightforward.

Just griping a bit a bit about the loss of Inon America. It was great when they started providing English translations of the Inon docs. And they were helpful with technical advice. Inon-JP might step up but they'll have to work a little more at it than they have so far.

http://www.fotoshow.ch/D180ManualDraftVer1.10.pdf

D180 pdf, google is your friend.

http://deepdive.free.fr/aeges/IMG/pdf/INON_D-2000advance.pdf

D2000 pdf, google is your friend.

Why and what are you trying to accomplish by going from the threaded 100WAL to the 10028AD?

Also, Reef Photo has some 67MM to bayonet conversion rings. One threads onto the 67MM lens, one threads into the 67MM port and then you have a bayonet mount system. It might not work on some cameras because it has the potential for increasing vignetting but you will have to evaluate that. Thing is the buggers are 60 dollars apiece for a bit of plastic, oh well.

N

Thanks for the links, I found some good stuff at the fr site. I see I already had downloaded the D180 manual (v1.2 even, tried to attach but too big) when I got the strobe. I use Ikelite strobes so the D180 just sits in a box. By the way, the D180 manual appears to be an Inon America translation, probably the D2000 as well. I bought a couple of lens mount bases from them and appreciated the fact they had English translations of the installation and compatibility instructions.

I use a Canon S70 in their housing so I need the 28AD lenses. I had a domed UWL-100 with threads but finally found a decent deal on a used 28AD version w/o dome, so that's how I came to buy the needed spacer (used only for the 28AD lens) from divervision. There are 15 photos and 3 pages of (apparently) densely worded instructions with lots of arrows and what appear to be orientation and alignment instructions for assembling the lens, spacer, and dome. I had downloaded the dome installation instructions for the threaded lens from the Inon America site, so I'm hoping that covers most of what is important. Maybe I'll post a request for help. Also see if I can find an upload site for the few Inon pdfs that I've got.

I cannot really help you on that since I don't have one but what they are trying to do is line the shade up with TDC when the bayonet clciks.

Interesting link:

Cameras Underwater: INON UWL-100 coverage chart.

Let me ask this for my own knowledge, you are telling me the 100WAL/dome would not work with your S70? Since that camera has a 28mm native lens why could you not just zoom to approx 35mm equivalent, that should make the 100WAL and dome happy?

Of course, note that the 100WAL with dome has a max FOV of about 130 degrees (native lens at 35mm) and the 10028AD with the same dome has a max FOV of 150 degrees (native lens at 28mm) and of course the 165AD fisheye has a max FOV of 165 degrees (native lens at 35mm) and per my experiments the 165AD fisheye has a FOV of approximately 120 to 130 degrees with the native lens at 50mm.

Can you imagine, some people settle for a paltry 90 degree FOV and call that wide angle, yuk.

N

The first issue with the threaded lens is simply mounting it to the Canon case. It's got an oval port so you need the Inon 28AD mount base. I've tried the 105 AD lens, which needs a spacer/adapter, and by the time you zoom to eliminate vignetting, you're back even. The threaded UWL-100 could mount up with that Reef adapter, but by then the lens would be even farther out front. The thing that grabs me is how to protect that dome sticking out there. There's a pouch for storage but when it's mounted, it's begging to bump something.

Back
Top Bottom