INON Not Shipping to US Dealers ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, before getting too crazy about it all, contact some dealers directly to see what the gos is. There are some contacts to get you started in the Sticky - which I will update, if need be, to remove the Inon America link.

Inon will not suddenly disappear from the US and the vast majority of users won't even know that this happened - they go to the dealer, the dealer gets it in and delivers it to the client. Client never knows there was another way for the dealer to get it.

If true and if I were a US Dealer with plans to continue carrying Inon products, I would be making every effort to get the word out to as many end-users as possible. As in "advertising" that fact.

What better way to bolster one's customer base than by picking up the scraps from this situation.
Wow, wouldn't it rock to have some sort of, oh, you know, organization or agency that could handle those communications and advertising for the individual shops and the Japanese manufacturer? Oh, wait, nevermind...

Things are starting to look more on the upside. We have been talking and working with another Inon dealer as well, trying to figure out a solution to the problem. Things are looking promising in talks with Japan, so we hope to start getting Inon product back in stock in the coming weeks. Ill post when I have further info.

Things are starting to look more on the upside. We have been talking and working with another Inon dealer as well, trying to figure out a solution to the problem. Things are looking promising in talks with Japan, so we hope to start getting Inon product back in stock in the coming weeks. Ill post when I have further info.
You'll let us know when they figure out a business model, one that they can decide to stick with?

I don't want to invest some serious coin in their stuff, only to find out six months from now that (for instance) suddenly direct support to the US doesn't suit them any more either.

I don't read Japanese and wouldn't want to find myself in a situation where I needed a translator just to get support for their stuff.

I effin' hate flaky companies... "Sybil" is not a business model.

John - I so wouldn't worry about this to be honest.

I've bought all of my Inon stuff directly from Yuzo in Japan and he's a gem to deal with. The guys who stock Inon in the US are also great to deal with and they'll help with whatever you may need.

It's just not that big of a deal for the consumer...your dealer will still be your contact point with the company.

All that has really happened is that a middle man who had a large internet presence is now gone. Many of the larger dealers/stores always sourced directly anyways so I am told. Then the big dramatic notice from "Inon America" that you guys keep posting full of doom and gloom--yeah--it is full of doom and gloom for "Inon America," Inon itself is shipping and dealers are purchasing and shipping to end use customers.

N, "N" to zen

I am not a dealer nor a distributor of Inon. What I am is a potential user of Inon products. If I decide to purchase their product, I want to make certain what I buy can and will be supported in a fashion that is acceptable to me. The actions by Inon Japan in eliminating their USA distributor is not comforting to me and I have a right to state that and the rest of my opinions on the matter. It is not propaganda as you call it, merely my fears stemming from the idea of purchasing an expensive piece of dive gear that may or may not be able to be easily supported by the manufacturer half way around the globe.

Best Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
You'll let us know when they figure out a business model, one that they can decide to stick with?

I don't want to invest some serious coin in their stuff, only to find out six months from now that (for instance) suddenly direct support to the US doesn't suit them any more either.

I don't read Japanese and wouldn't want to find myself in a situation where I needed a translator just to get support for their stuff.

I effin' hate flaky companies... "Sybil" is not a business model.

Thank you John. That's exactly my point. Thus far, I have been advised by two stateside online dealers of Inon products they do not intend on extending their relationship with Inon down the road. I'm not being an alarmist or spreading propaganda. I'm only relaying what I have been told folks. Take it for what its worth.

I was commenting more in general directed at that now infamous so called "Inon America" release, there is a lot of propaganda, misinformation and some of it seems purposeful or unsourced except via the now defunct Inon America. I would not really expect a company (the real Inon) to respond to the propaganda being generated and now promulgated via uninformed individuals all over the web now that I am seeing the bigger picture. Repeating misinformation makes it propaganda once alternate information is supplied.

The facts are that I just ordered product and it was shipped through a reputable and long time stateside u/w photo company. If some other retail outlets decide to get in a snit and stop carrying Inon, that will be their problem, someone else will step forward to fill the bill, that is the way a free market works. In the meantime all of the re-posting of Inon America's doom and gloom one sided release is causing many people to misunderstand the actual circumstance. Yes, I read that release as propaganda because it does not explain the full circumstance.

As to the long term viability of any small niche company in the now approaching world wide depression, who knows what the future may hold, for now, you can purchase Inon product, it just does not come through the defunct Inon America, if it ever did.

N

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom