INON Not Shipping to US Dealers ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they cared, Inon could make a public statement explaining the future circumstance.

N

Yes all of this is very true. Dealers as well as customers are left in a terrible position. We all liked the Inon products a lot, and working with Steve & Jolene from Inon America was such a pleasure. Its a tough situation for the dealers especially, but as of right now, to my knowledge at least, none of us are ordering product direct from Japan. It was without a doubt a very bad decision to cut off Inon America.

I am confused, you are not cutoff from Inon America, they are cut off from the real Inon of Japan. So, therefore, what Inon America says is irrelevant since they are defunct.

So, let's get this straight, no stores intend to establish contact with or order from Inon and Inon has said they will not ship to North America?

N

OK, let me explain something to you guys. I just got off the telephone to a well known and highly regarded u/w photo store that is also an Inon dealer, they still have a relationship with Inon, they are taking order and delivering Inon products, they have accepted whatever terms were required for the new "circumstance" and all is well. You can place an order from them and receive goods. Given that some of these Inon items were always non shelf stock and required ordering keep in mind that there is additional time lag built in.

What is going on here, it seems to me, with all of these rumors and smoke and mirrors is BAD BLOOD with some (not all) dealers who did not want to do things the new way and are throwing a hissy fit because they cannot order Inon product any more from the defunct Inon America or from their previous supply chain. So as is typical in the scuba industry, stores that don't like the way things are now then "bad mouth" and create rumors about their competition and in the end spoil every bodies good feelings in an attempt to get it their way or seek revenge.

Fact is the Inon products can be gotten in North America and fact is that there is no substitute for most of their product line in other brands, nobody makes a strobe equal to the D200/Z240 and nobody makes lenses and other equipment of equal quality.

As an end use customer, I don't care about anything other than reasonable price, reasonable time frame and delivery and reasonable access to product and service from a reliable company/store with informed sales staff, all of the "talk" and personal conflicts and revenge seeking, contract requirements, where Inon America went or thinks, I care nothing about. I am a mercenary.

N

Will items from him come with English instructions and placards and markings on the items? I don't know what %6&*))(##$@?>*& means in English? :confused:

N

I can't speak to what happens now but last year both my Inons on two separate orders arrived with English Manuals.

OK, let me explain something to you guys. I just got off the telephone to a well known and highly regarded u/w photo store that is also an Inon dealer, they still have a relationship with Inon, they are taking order and delivering Inon products, they have accepted whatever terms were required for the new "circumstance" and all is well. You can place an order from them and receive goods. Given that some of these Inon items were always non shelf stock and required ordering keep in mind that there is additional time lag built in.

What is going on here, it seems to me, with all of these rumors and smoke and mirrors is BAD BLOOD with some (not all) dealers who did not want to do things the new way and are throwing a hissy fit because they cannot order Inon product any more from the defunct Inon America or from their previous supply chain. So as is typical in the scuba industry, stores that don't like the way things are now then "bad mouth" and create rumors about their competition and in the end spoil every bodies good feelings in an attempt to get it their way or seek revenge.

Fact is the Inon products can be gotten in North America and fact is that there is no substitute for most of their product line in other brands, nobody makes a strobe equal to the D200/Z240 and nobody makes lenses and other equipment of equal quality.

As an end use customer, I don't care about anything other than reasonable price, reasonable time frame and delivery and reasonable access to product and service from a reliable company/store with informed sales staff, all of the "talk" and personal conflicts and revenge seeking, contract requirements, where Inon America went or thinks, I care nothing about. I am a mercenary.

N

If true and if I were a US Dealer with plans to continue carrying Inon products, I would be making every effort to get the word out to as many end-users as possible. As in "advertising" that fact.

What better way to bolster one's customer base than by picking up the scraps from this situation.

It is a fact. A year.5 ago I ordered a strobe and some other items. The strobe came and the other items back ordered. In about two weeks I had everything. This time I ordered two items, both back ordered one week ago and today I have an order confirmation--shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is plenty good for me and the place I ordered from was a straight shooter all the way, I should never have doubted them, sorry for that.

Don't believe everything you hear or read on the internet, some dealers have stock or can order stock in reasonable time frames and the pricing seems no different now than ever. I am not going to name names in public space, if somebody really want to know who I ordered from one week ago and shipped today, two expensive items from Inon I will be glad to toot their horn.

N, I am "N" to zen

It is a fact. A year.5 ago I ordered a strobe and some other items. The strobe came and the other items back ordered. In about two weeks I had everything. This time I ordered two items, both back ordered one week ago and today I have an order confirmation--shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is plenty good for me and the place I ordered from was a straight shooter all the way, I should never have doubted them, sorry for that.

Don't believe everything you hear or read on the internet, some dealers have stock or can order stock in reasonable time frames and the pricing seems no different now than ever. I am not going to name names in public space, if somebody really want to know who I ordered from one week ago and shipped today, two expensive items from Inon I will be glad to toot their horn.

N, I am "N" to zen

I'm not doubting your experience you've had with this dealer. But until this dealer or others demonstrate to the masses things are going to be OK with the new Inon way of doing things, there will be many who will not trust the new Inon way of doing things.

In lieu of actions, people will be people and believe what others say and what they read on the internet. Like I said, if I were an Inon dealer, I would be getting the word out to the end users things were going to be OK.

Jim

You are welcome to call them up like I did. Additionally there are several non North American suppliers. Before initially thinking to cancel my orders based on internet propaganda, I contacted DiverVision.com: Online Shopping for Underwater Housings, Strobes, Lenses, Computers & more and they also have product and are shipping and assured me they have no problems.

Because I am not going to speak for the company I purchased from without their permission you can email me if you don't know who I am talking about and you can call them and ask them for yourself. Is there a particular product you need?--I am sure they can get it for you, my bet.

N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom