Inhaler-friendly snorkel for those with asthma.+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Mark for your support! I dont mean to sound antagonistic at all. I learned the hard way my limitations, there is nothing that prepares you for many of lifes problems. Every day has its inherent risks. I had no idea what would happen on my first dive, but as I mentioned before, I am no stranger to asthma. I've battled with it all my life. There was a short period where it disappeared in my early adulthood, and I became a firefighter. All I can say about that is that hide site is always 20/20. Regardless, I have learned how to manage my disease and as far as everyone else who suffers from asthma goes, they too have to learn thier limitations and how to manage/live with thier disease in order to make a decision to do anything. Whether it be scuba diving to where they decide to live! Thanks to all who support me, sorry for those I've offended and to the rest, life isnt perfect, wait until you've walked in someone else's shoes before you get so judgemental.

PairofMedics:
Thanks Mark for your support! I dont mean to sound antagonistic at all. I learned the hard way my limitations, there is nothing that prepares you for many of lifes problems. Every day has its inherent risks. I had no idea what would happen on my first dive, but as I mentioned before, I am no stranger to asthma. I've battled with it all my life. There was a short period where it disappeared in my early adulthood, and I became a firefighter. All I can say about that is that hide site is always 20/20. Regardless, I have learned how to manage my disease and as far as everyone else who suffers from asthma goes, they too have to learn thier limitations and how to manage/live with thier disease in order to make a decision to do anything. Whether it be scuba diving to where they decide to live! Thanks to all who support me, sorry for those I've offended and to the rest, life isnt perfect, wait until you've walked in someone else's shoes before you get so judgemental.
I understand what you are saying here. I've live with asthma all my life,yet I played college soccer and baseball raced for over 170miles on my road bike. Now, I have 28 dives in with the deepest dive to 113ft with no trouble at all. Now thats me I dive in warm waters and watch myself close. I think most people that have lived with asthma there whole life understand the risk and the best thing is to just live on. Just enjoy life. Know you limits and fight on. Mark

My apologies for misunderstanding your tone. At any rate, I'm glad your astha is controlled enough so that you can dive. My point was only to state that each person should make that determination themselves with prudent medical advice. One should not rely on anectodal events and hope everything goes well.

rakkis:
My apologies for misunderstanding your tone. At any rate, I'm glad your astha is controlled enough so that you can dive. My point was only to state that each person should make that determination themselves with prudent medical advice. One should not rely on anectodal events and hope everything goes well.

anectodal events? You're right, how could I misunderstand you.

I really don't care what type of ailments people dive with...asthma, heart failure, anxiety, whatever. It's not my business.

Will I dive with them? Nope!

Well, so much for job security!!! (just kidding) I just love life too much to let anything stop me.....a virture I hope to share with my son....

I think I'd rather dive with someone who is a safe diver and a good buddy with congestive heart failure than a cocky healthy unsafe buddy. That's why I consider most of my dives (my wife does not dive) with an assigned stranger buddy a "solo" dive.

I'd like to be a hero by rescuing my CHF buddy so I can show off to my scubaboard friends...

fisherdvm:
I think I'd rather dive with someone who is a safe diver and a good buddy with congestive heart failure than a cocky healthy unsafe buddy. That's why I consider most of my dives (my wife does not dive) with an assigned stranger buddy a "solo" dive.

I'd like to be a hero by rescuing my CHF buddy so I can show off to my scubaboard friends...

Well written, fisherdvm!
:)

Why would one need an inhaler built into the snorkel when the asthmatic can simply carry the inhaler in a water tight pouch to use as needed, if ever? Why risk getting the inhaler wet? If an asthmatic freedives again, the inhaler can only be used on the surface.

On the regulator version, I wonder how the manufacturer overcomes that the inhaler is a small compressed cylinder of about 50-80 psi, how is this supposed to release gas into the 2nd stage chamber which is powered at 135-160 psi above ambient? Now imagine that pressure at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom