Info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hey all,

Got plans to drop by Phuket for a couple of days before heading back to my desk.

Have enquired two operators in Phuket and was told that most LOB trips are anchoring in preparation for the peak season.

Anyone have any suggestions? Planned to arive on Wed or Thursday in Sept (late) morning. Preference is to go for Hin Deang/Muang/Koh Ha and probably one day in Similans. I got tons of info for Similans by speed boat but not for the southern dive sites....anyone any suggestions???

Oh, by the way hear news about the unexplained currents and low vis over along the West Coast as well as the North-East region of Phuket...anyone???:shakehead

You are right, September is certainly the off season for liveaboards. The weather is unpredictable, can be rough and wet, so liveboards are rarely scheduled. Is someone running day trips by speedboat? really? Maybe IQ dive are running out of Khao Lak (surely nobody is running from Phuket?). Hin Daeng is way out in the open ocean so if it's rough you'll feel it. I think Sea King divers have some trips scheduled there in September. But be prepared for cancellation or a rough ride.

Currents and low vis on the NE of Phuket? Well, vis will always be soupy there, as you're in Phang Nga Bay, there are no dive sites in the area. Odd currents? Not been diving myself recently, but can't say I've heard any of our instructors or customers mention anything odd.

Hey thanks. Got in touch with them. Currently, they are unable to advice further.

As for the rest, I think the best bet will be to stay on Phi Phi; well, at least they have some day trips there.

Any further suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom