Inflator Hose Routing: Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Doesn't matter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
rfwoodvt

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Generally speaking I lead with right hand when doing most work tasks, whether it be knot tying, manipulating tools or other such things. There are plenty of times though where I am holding a tool (metal detector) in my left hand that cannot be readily dropped/stowed/dangled to allow me to manipulate my inflator/deflator with my left hand.

While diving my Ranger BC the inflator and tube sit right near my left nipple so I can usually easily reach it just by letting go of the detector handle. But when using my dive rite BPW, the inflator and tube sit further up my shoulder the detector prevents me from reaching it even if I let go of the forward handle.

Am thinking of moving the inflator and tube to my right shoulder as that hand has more freedom of movement when I'm detecting.

Hence the question: Inflator Tube, Left, Right or doesn't matter?

UPDATE

So the other day I was doing my winter overhaul to my wing and realized the remote dump cable was on its way out. So, before fabricating a new cable I actually measured the corrugated inflator tube.

Well...It wasn't 22 inches. It was much shorter.

Now I kinda feel like some of y'alls misinformed girlfriend right now.

Anyhow, I put a 22-inch tube on it and that makes all the difference in the world.

So Lexvil, you win the prize for best answer!

Well, the “long” corrugated hose from OxyCheq is 16” long. I installed that along with a new washer where the inflator elbow enters the wing. It’s still not very long, but at least I don’t feel like I’m reaching up to get my hand on my inflator. It wouldn’t hurt my feeling for it to be a little longer though. Since I use an AIR2 integrated inflator, I like enough swing on the inflator hose to get it to my mouth easily if needed.
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom