Indonesian Marco Subject Spotter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solanabezo

Reaction score
I have invited to Solana Resort, Mr. Wilson Serang a
> well-known marco subject spotter from Lembeh Resort,
> Bitung, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. We will be showing
> what marco subject we have in the Mabini area from the
> 15 till the 18th of December.
>
> For a minimal fee of P500 per dive (exclusive of dive
> pass fee) and only 5 participants per dive, you will
> be able to spot subjects easily. Participants must
> bring your own gear and flashlights. Do not bring
> big knives (accepted are small, blunt line cutters), pokers and use of gloves are not allowed.
> Participants must have proper bouyancy and horizontal
> trim with fin up position so as to silt out the dive
> area. Official guides or divemasters will tap the
> participants legs lightly to remind them of their trim
> during the dive(s). The guides or divemasters have
> the right to refuse the participant should they not
> muster the proper trim required for the course.
>
> Those interested, please contact me directly.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Joel
>
>

nice thing your doing. il be interested to check out the pics. where do you plan to search for these critters? ive noticed a rise in Nudis and they have gotten significantly bigger over the nov-dec period

this is interesting but needs to be in the trips and marketplace.

chip104:
I'm worse than the grinch and scrooge combined. I will ruin christmas.

our favorite tech mod hasnt been around lately?

Actually, Wilson will be in Solana on Monday, the 12th and we do some survey dives. The reason we are doing this is to get a professional from another tourist destination and to give us an idea of what we really have in Mabini and Tingloy. Who knows, he might decide to work here when he finds out that we have more biodiversity than Lembeh.

I have a copy of a paper from Mr. Kent Carpenter entitled "The Center of the Center of Marine Shore Fish Biodiversity: The Philippine Islands". He was a guest in the resort for three days. Mabini and Tingloy have the most number of endemic species of fish in the world. The more reason we should protect this area in order that they do not enter most endangered species list.

For those who want a copy of this paper can e mail me and I can send you hard copy by snail mail or if you are in Mabini this weekend till next week, you can pass by Solana Just allow me some time as I am busy attending meetings this week and next week, Wilson will be arriving.

Joel

solanabezo:
Actually, Wilson will be in Solana on Monday, the 12th and we do some survey dives. The reason we are doing this is to get a professional from another tourist destination and to give us an idea of what we really have in Mabini and Tingloy. Who knows, he might decide to work here when he finds out that we have more biodiversity than Lembeh.

I have a copy of a paper from Mr. Kent Carpenter entitled "The Center of the Center of Marine Shore Fish Biodiversity: The Philippine Islands". He was a guest in the resort for three days. Mabini and Tingloy have the most number of endemic species of fish in the world. The more reason we should protect this area in order that they do not enter most endangered species list.

For those who want a copy of this paper can e mail me and I can send you hard copy by snail mail or if you are in Mabini this weekend till next week, you can pass by Solana Just allow me some time as I am busy attending meetings this week and next week, Wilson will be arriving.

Joel

ei joel, can you email a copy to jaguirre14@yahoo.com? thanks...center of the center, thats a very bold claim

Back
Top Bottom