Independent Doubles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's how I feel when I hear people diss'ing independant doubles. It's EXTREMELY easy to dive them. You guys make it sound like such a difficult task :wink:

The guy asked a question - I gave an answer. I've debated the gas access issue in the thread I linked in post 2 but if there is any other "worst of sidemount/worst of backmount points that anyone wants to bring up I'm all ears. Just be prepared to defend them because my BS meter is all charged up.

If one doesn't dive ID's and doesn't have anything substantial to add, why post into the thread anyways. Is sarcasm an internet diving skill I'm not aware of? It's funny how a member of SB is trying to dispel certain perceptions in one thread while others are perpetuating them here.

Remind me again where I dissed independent doubles also please? Who's being sarcastic?

Some people are really not very open to being told that they really need assistance or instruction... I agree that this would be ideal.

Oh come on! LOL, so in that case they shouldn't be diving in the first place. As far as I'm aware there are no online only OW scuba certifications (not yet at least).

Oh come on! LOL, so in that case they shouldn't be diving in the first place.

No arguments here...

And if you are going to start crying about ID's being difficult to operate... it cuts both ways big boy. I don't mind anyones opinions if they are backed up by something even closely resembling fact. Otherwise opinions are like a$$holes - everybodies got one.

You know, the funny thing is I could probably dive with 2 tanks strapped to my wrists and a long hose wrapped around my ankles - I'm kind of adaptive that way. What I find sad is that some others can't even handle diving without a manifold (or for that matter understanding the context of a thread). One problem with all that standardization is it makes one very rigid in their thinking I suppose. Anything outside the box becomes voodoo. Have you watched a movie called "The Village" yet?

Again, who is crying about ID's being difficult?! I never said anything like that.. All I said was that I find it funny for you people who complain about operating a manifolded set of doubles. That's it, never once did I mention anything about independent doubles. You're awful defensive aren't you? Gosh, people like you really give solo divers a bad name. :mooner:

Dale I agree that adapting to different gear should be easy enough once one has a bit of experience. I've had to borrow various setups over the last while (as I didn't have my own) and learned that it is no big deal. Before this I had fallen into the standardization trap where I thought that things should only be done one way. If one is a comfortable and competant diver all sorts of setups should be fine. I get the impression that some divers don't get much exposure to divers in different setups. Locally there are so many different styles of diving I think some people on scubaboard would have a heart attack seeing them. But some of these people have been doing all kinds of diving for 20 or 30 years... I might not think it is ideal (like backmount independents :wink:) but it is clearly working for them.

Street doctor, I reread the thread and see that my "bloodlust" went to far. I've deleted the offending post as I see you aren't trying to pick a fight.
Sorry for the attack.
Soloists... Sheesh :shakehead:

Dale I agree that adapting to different gear should be easy enough once one has a bit of experience. I've had to borrow various setups over the last while (as I didn't have my own) and learned that it is no big deal. Before this I had fallen into the standardization trap where I thought that things should only be done one way. If one is a comfortable and competant diver all sorts of setups should be fine. I get the impression that some divers don't get much exposure to divers in different setups. Locally there are so many different styles of diving I think some people on scubaboard would have a heart attack seeing them. But some of these people have been doing all kinds of diving for 20 or 30 years... I might not think it is ideal (like backmount independents :wink:) but it is clearly working for them.

You're telling me! After diving in jacket BC's, Back inflate's, and finally now a BP/W that is "koolaid" compliant. There are only a handful of local divers that I've dived with that dive like me, the rest must think we are crazy. :shakehead::D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom