Incoming swell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Queenofgeek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there,

My last couple of dives have been problematic so I'm trying to get underwater as much as possible to fix whatever needs fixing. I just read that the biggest swell of the winter is moving in on Wednesday ... how is that going to affect diving Oahu? Kicking myself for not going out today :(

>>Scottietheduck Awesome video of the dolphins. Have you seen the one on Youtube with the whales last week? The photographer was t-rippin! I've not seen any big sea life here (seals, dolphins, rays, etc) ... hopefully one day (and one day soon!)

Oh, and your avatar - best dive photo ever. LOVE it!

Thanks for the info on the swell everyone. I figured it would affect current and vis all over the island. Glad to hear that we'll still be able to get under water

Last edited:
well last year about this same time the big swells came in and it was crazy i watched from shore as one dive boat made it just outside the channel only to risk life and limb just to get back into the safe confines of kewalo basin. it was scary to watch know if the boat got tossed it would get ugly and over in a hot second but david managed to get the boat back in. how ill never know. not the time to be doing a shore dive to the y.o.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom