In water support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, as someone who needs all the midwater time she can get, I think it would be a lot more satisfying to do support for a tech team than just to go out to do ascent drills AGAIN

Hmm, ever been to Halifax?

I honestly have no idea. I've never been in a situation where support was needed, but keeping in the UTD frame of mind, why not?

The reality is that you probably would have a tough time finding that many support divers.

But it doesn't take a lot to support a few teams.

I supported 3 dive teams. My backgas was an Alum 100@32%. I carried 2 deco bottles 1@50% and 1@100%.

I used my scooter to move team to team.

It would take me less than a minute to grab the extra (empty) deco tanks from a team...ask if they need any new bottles and then take all the empties to a gear line.

Personally, as someone who needs all the midwater time she can get, I think it would be a lot more satisfying to do support for a tech team than just to go out to do ascent drills AGAIN . . . but I don't know; I'm only GUE-F, so Richard probably wouldn't have me :)

I can think of a fun way to get you some midwater time ... :eyebrow:

But seriously, your skills are more than adequate for support diving ... in fact, once the novelty wears off, you'd probably find it rather boring (we'd have to do bottle handoff drills just to keep you interested) ... :blinking:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Personally, as someone who needs all the midwater time she can get, I think it would be a lot more satisfying to do support for a tech team than just to go out to do ascent drills AGAIN . . . but I don't know; I'm only GUE-F, so Richard probably wouldn't have me :)

Lol if you want to run support I'll let you know the next time we're playing tiddlywinks in midwater! It will seem mind-numbingly easy, until its not.

You could just do a dive with a free ascent instead of a drill.

Let's go practice toxing diver!! :eyebrow: That would be ascent+

Ps my skill in this arena has languished big time.

Yeah, we probably all ought to get together periodically and practice that particular skill!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom