In Water Recompression?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard stories from some of the NS commercial fishing guys that when someone gets bent and blacks out, they take em back down far enough to wake up. Then bring em up real slow depending on how many extra tanks they have. That might be why most of them smile with only half a smile.
but DWO is right...6 or so dives every day, averaging 80 ft per dive....so I have heard.

that study was a combined effort between hawaii and australia.
if anyones interested
IWR schedule was as follows
take your max deco time (from NAUI dive tables)
go back to:
40 feet for 1/4 that time
30 feet for 1/3 that time
20 feet for 1/2 that time
10 feet for 1 1/2 the time
followed by pure 100% O2 on surface if available, air breaks as needed

IWR really does work. Most of the commercial fishermen here (myself included) trust it over the chamber for most situations. You can mess yourself up if you do it wrong, though, so most sport divers shouldn't do it.

The deep spike at first is to crush the bubbles and relieve symptoms (this really does help). Most of the deco is at 20-30'.

The profile used at the Kuakini chamber is different from a sched. 6 - it starts at 220' on Nitrox, and 60' on O2 for the rest of the treatment. They claim to have a higher success rate with this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom