In trouble at Hooters

Did I do anything wrong ?

• I hope you dropped the kids off, and went back

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Your Mommy is right your a bad man !

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Look at their faces, Boys will be Boys !

Votes: 143 78.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
... and to keep this thread on-topic, Metairie's girls are a hellovalot nicer than the ones in the French Quarter Hooters :D Kudo's to the West Bank's, Lafayette's, and the girls in Baton Rouge too though!

I'm from Lafayette :D I miss the food sooo much !!!!!

but to stay on topic, I don't think impressionable young children should be taken to a place where anatomy is the primary focus (don't even say it's the "good" food... the NAME of the place is HOOTERS). There's more to the human body besides boobs and children should learn from an early age to appreciate all aspects of people....not just gawk at certain parts of their bodies.

I took my 3 Y/O Grandson there. He had a ball! The girls were all over him.

In response to the above post, if all we wanted to look at was boobs, they wouldn't wear those shorts!

Wildcard:
In response to the above post, if all we wanted to look at was boobs, they wouldn't wear those shorts!

well maybe not all men are "boob men"... some like legs and butts too :06:
Some people will do anything to make a buck I suppose..

did anybody else (apart from me and my buddy's) ever go to another florida place in a similar vein named Melons?
there was on in Tampa many years ago, - or maybe I was drunk and imagined it......

I think some people are projecting a sexual intent to the kid looking at those (really well proportioned) boobs. My thought is that what he is thinking is more along the lines of "Hmmm....Hooters supersizes their meals just like McDonalds"

Personally, I don't see a problem with Hooters (the restaurant or the anatomical parts they are referencing with the name). If you treat womens bodies as something "dirty" that should be hidden and teach that attitude to your children, that's how they are going to view it as adults, and by inference, that's how they are going to view women when they become adults - this includes both your sons and your daughters. Assaulting womens' self image and maintaining clear double standards for dress and sexual conduct have been some of the historical ways that men have tried to continue subjegating women.

It sounds very good and intuitive to teach morality by hinding all the skin, but in the end it really does not work. I think parents and children are much better served by an open discussion and attitude toward sexuality which creates the opportunity to let learning ad development occur in a controlled, well supervised and respectful setting. And if your kids don't start getting some exposure in a public setting like Hooters, they are going to develop and attend their own crash course in sexuality somewhere else - with no guidance and with the potential to make huge mistakes with life long impacts.

In my human service career I have seen an incredible number of over protected, overly religreously indoctrinated and home schooled kids who went wild and rebelled at 18 and then got themselves into a great deal of trouble that would not have happend had they been given the opportunity to gain a bit more worldy experience in a more controlled setting and been allowed the opportunity to make small mistakes as teenagers rather than being protected from any and all harm or tempting influences.

munkispank:
did anybody else (apart from me and my buddy's) ever go to another florida place in a similar vein named Melons?
there was on in Tampa many years ago, - or maybe I was drunk and imagined it......
Melons was there, but they flopped a couple years ago. The slack has now been picked up by the Wing House and one other I don't remember.

Louie:
Well done.

All I can say about Hooters (or Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood etc) is that they have some of the worst food.

Boys, if you want to look at t@%s, get some decent chicken from a KFC and sit at the beach on a sunny day and save yourself some money.
Since when did KFC have decent chicken?!?! I always thought it stood for Kentucky Fried Clones!!!

DA Aquamaster:
I think some people are projecting a sexual intent to the kid looking at those (really well proportioned) boobs. My thought is that what he is thinking is more along the lines of "Hmmm....Hooters supersizes their meals just like McDonalds"

Personally, I don't see a problem with Hooters (the restaurant or the anatomical parts they are referencing with the name). If you treat womens bodies as something "dirty" that should be hidden and teach that attitude to your children, that's how they are going to view it as adults, and by inference, that's how they are going to view women when they become adults - this includes both your sons and your daughters. Assaulting womens' self image and maintaining clear double standards for dress and sexual conduct have been some of the historical ways that men have tried to continue subjegating women.

It sounds very good and intuitive to teach morality by hinding all the skin, but in the end it really does not work. I think parents and children are much better served by an open discussion and attitude toward sexuality which creates the opportunity to let learning ad development occur in a controlled, well supervised and respectful setting. And if your kids don't start getting some exposure in a public setting like Hooters, they are going to develop and attend their own crash course in sexuality somewhere else - with no guidance and with the potential to make huge mistakes with life long impacts.

In my human service career I have seen an incredible number of over protected, overly religreously indoctrinated and home schooled kids who went wild and rebelled at 18 and then got themselves into a great deal of trouble that would not have happend had they been given the opportunity to gain a bit more worldy experience in a more controlled setting and been allowed the opportunity to make small mistakes as teenagers rather than being protected from any and all harm or tempting influences.

I wholeheartedly agree. Hide it, they want to find it. Open discussions at our house about everything from A to Z. My kids might be more knowledgeable in other areas than most but they know if they have any questions or concerns mom and pop are there for them.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom