In search of custom tail weights for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, I've designed enough stuff that missing something simple like that is to be expected. I wish I had a legit 3D printer to catch my mistakes before I machined something. That's a minor omission and par for the course when using CAD.

Your work looks great, good job.

Hi i get the idea on using a stainless plate with lead weights. How do you join stainless and lead?

i was thinking of welding anchor points in the stainless and dipping the stainless material in the molten lead.

will this work?

Hi i get the idea on using a stainless plate with lead weights. How do you join stainless and lead?

i was thinking of welding anchor points in the stainless and dipping the stainless material in the molten lead.

will this work?
just mechanically fasten them, e.g. stainless steel wood screws

Standard issue for diving doubles in Norway.
Shipping might be a problem... And I believe these are made for Steel 12Ls.
I have no idea what bottles you use in the states.

I use this one on my D12 232Bars

Or version #2 Which you can get for slim and wide center distance. I use the equivalent of these on my D7 300 Bars. (THe link is for the version you would use on a D12 232)

W
just mechanically fasten them, e.g. stainless steel wood screws
Wood screws? How? i use 2 lbs rail weight.

drill a hole on the lump of lead and fasten? How about using stainless bolts instead? Will it hold?

W

Wood screws? How? i use 2 lbs rail weight.

drill a hole on the lump of lead and fasten? How about using stainless bolts instead? Will it hold?
The lead is so soft you don’t even really need to predrill them. I’m sure if you through bolted it would hold but I’d not trust any sort fine threads like on machine screws being threaded into lead

Standard issue for diving doubles in Norway.
Shipping might be a problem... And I believe these are made for Steel 12Ls.
I have no idea what bottles you use in the states.

I use this one on my D12 232Bars
I am using one just like that, only that I poured full length one and then cut out over the band piece.
Total cost was about 8€.

The lead is so soft you don’t even really need to predrill them. I’m sure if you through bolted it would hold but I’d not trust any sort fine threads like on machine screws being threaded into lead
Exactly. I dont wana thread on lead. I want to bolt thruif possible

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom