In need of Hawaii dive reports...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove lanai lookout today. poor vis and not a lot to see. Sorry for the lack of info, just a less that spectacular day at lanai.

getting tired of watching the mud flow down the street and into the water :(
(

Put your gear on and lay down in the mud in the middle of the street. That's what the diving is like in the nearby lakes right now.

David

Ocean is flat as a lake at the moment, no wind, no swell. Check the tide, a good bump can fix this pretty fast. The demarcation line to the south looks like it is 2/3 of the way to the Corsair.

I was on the Big Island all week. Almost left for home without getting wet at all. Finally got some tanks and went down to 2 step on saturday. At 70' it was about 70' vis. Very nice dive, not too much surge.

Wierd that vis is that good in Makena. Chocolate soup in Maalaea bay / Kihei since Wednesday. Beaches have serious flotsam washed up. I'd guess that the more prolific vegetation in Wailea and Makenna areas resulted in less siltation in the runoff?

M

We have had extended bad conditions in Wailea/Makena from lesser storms in the recent past. I think this quick clear-up is due the continued Kona winds for 3 days after the rains, pushing the muck north to Kihei/Maalaea. I'm sure multiple timing had something to do with it also, the combination of tides, swell and current cleaned us out nicely this time. Anyway, are there any dive sites off Kihei/Maalaea? The St Anthony is about as far right as I get. :D

Finally got a couple dives in today myself. First dive was 53 minutes at the St. Anthony wreck from Ulua beach - about 20ft vis till we hit 40ft depth then it cleared up to about 50ft vis at the wreck. Lots of turtles and I only got lost once while looking for it as I explored the south end of the tire reef looking for the wreck instead of the north end. Little did I know that my original course took me within 60 ft of it, but just outside of visual range :(

Second dive was Makena landing where we finished off the scooter batteries doing a 63 minute dive there and saw lots of critters and turtles.

It was just nice getting back in the water again.

Aloha, Tim

So you poor guys couldn't dive for a whole two weeks. I think I'm tearin' up here. :bawling:About 2 weeks ago before the rains started I got in a some nice shore diving off Oahu.:D Then left for home :( Now I'm landlot again for 2 more months. :crying: Just got 6 inches of snow last night so if I hear any more complaints about viz and rain :letsparty: :rofl3: Mahalo!:coffee:

Hey Gary -- say hi to my dumb wife who's in Denver with you. She just couldn't handle Maui. It's 25 there today for a high - 80 some odd here. I'm diving tomorrow morning as part of my "commute" to work. She's riding a bus. Go figger.
M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom