In need of a wedding officiant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't see u/w as a venue option...

You might try contacting Tim - kidspot - he's a childrens minister on Oahu as well as a dive instructor. He might have a colleague who dives on the big island.

Sorry, I don't know anyone over there either ... I've considered ordination, and been offered a couple of times in the past, just never seemed to be the right path at that point in life... perhaps one day.

Aloha, Tim

Geez you guys are more needy then the GUE instructors around here :rofl3:
Posted via Mobile Device

Another suggestion might be to get someone you know to become ordained. It's not that tough and the ULC website can guide you through it...... Doug, you underwater wedding sounds awesome! Any video links?

Here's the ULC website....Universal Lifef Church

Hope this helps.......

G

I tried to find them not that long ago and had zero luck. The show is no longer in production however it is in reruns. I might have to figure out the next best thing and get my copy of it up on YouTube...

Gabe is right...ULC is very easy. You do have to have a letter from them to make it official in our state. Costs a few bucks and you're good to go.

That's how I was turned onto them...had a friend who had friends getting married and they did just that. When I found out about it I knew it was something I wanted to do so I went to the website and voila. 'Reverend Shaka' at your service!

We are all Children of the Same Universe. That is cause for celebration in itself! I prefer to celebrate in the water...

My next door neighbor Dard does weddings, also dives. I know he's done a shorediving wedding or two over the years as he and I have scoped out a location or two. He married my wife and I (or should I say performed the ceremony)... also presided over the Cage/Presley nuptuals... that one didn't work out so well.

Beach Weddings Hawaii

I have performed 6 and have a perfect record! :wink: Havent done an underwater one yet but ready to try. Too bad youre not their the week before. We are leaving Hawaii on the 30th...

Our Instructor friend, who is a minister with a congregation, did our wedding underwater on a flip chart and we had yes I do and no I don't flash cards - once again I'll post a link :wink: Hope I'm not boring anyone with it.

I am a Universal Life Minister (at least I was 30 years ago in college when I became one to perform an underwater wedding - the hand signals were fun). If your in a bind, let me know and I'll hunt up/renew my credentials.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom